Hi from SoCal

Rocinante

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just registered, but have been reading for some time. I am a SpaceX employee and had my Model 3 since November 1st. Now that the car is "public" I feel a little more freedom to participate in the community.

"Rocinante" is my handle and the name I have given my car. If there are any fans of "The Expanse" out there, you know what that is. For those who don't, it is the name of a high performance spacecraft that is controlled by touch screens! Get hooked on this show!

Anyway, love the car of course. It has converted me to a new way of thinking. I have been a gear head since my first car ('72 Pinto). I have 3 Honda motorcycles, Porsche 968 and DeTomaso Pantera. Love them all for what they are, but they are "old school" tech. When you think about it, there are so many systems in an ICE car dedicated to the removal of waste energy, it is astounding. Give me 20 moving parts and $.13 per KWh.

My car is the usual early PUP w/LRB. Dark blue metallic, with the 19" wheels. So far I have replaced the all season tires with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Great improvement in hard driving. Have ordered 1.5" lowering springs from Unplugged Performance. Waiting on those.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Welcome, @Rocinante and greetings from the other side of the ocean!
Happy you decided to join; trust there are a lot of other personal experiences you could pass on so please share abundantly! :)

Oh... and, little fun factor, Rocinante was (originally!) also the name of Don Quixote de La Mancha’s horse in the classic Spanish novel by Cervantes (1547-1616)... :D

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome to the Forum, it’s great to have you.

Would be funny if your Model 3 was the one I was following in Hawthorne a while back :)

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome! The I got hooked on the expanse books. I haven't started watching the show yet, but I have heard good things.

Oh... and, little fun factor, Rocinante was (originally!) also the name of Don Quixote de La Mancha’s horse in the classic Spanish novel by Cervantes (1547-1616)...
Fun fact is that is also how that ship got it's name.
If you don't mind me asking, what do you do at SpaceX? I've heard some interesting stories.

Hope you are enjoying the car, your job at SpaceX, and now the forum.

Rocinante

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome! The I got hooked on the expanse books. I haven't started watching the show yet, but I have heard good things.

Fun fact is that is also how that ship got it's name.
If you don't mind me asking, what do you do at SpaceX? I've heard some interesting stories.

Hope you are enjoying the car, your job at SpaceX, and now the forum.
I'm a Manufacturing Engineer, and love the job. Most stressful and most rewarding at the same time, and I have been in the SoCal aerospace business for a few decades. The company has re-invigorated the grand tradition of the region being an aerospace superpower as during the days of Northrop, McDonnel Douglas, General Dynamics, Lockheed, North American Rockwell, Vought, et al.