Hi from Redwood City, Ca

Stickers

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Everyone,
Just had Tesla drop off a MSM w/ Premium wheels. They brought it to my home, very prompt and the whole process took 5 minutes. Delivery coordinator called and assured me they've checked everything out.

Did a quick trip around the block. Here's my first impressions vs. expectations
(5 stars) Service experience
+ excellent coordination. All a little minimalistic but efficient.

(5 stars) Fit and finish - Better than expected
? Recommendations for a bumper plastic wrap?
+ Good (just one area where it was folded up. Still feels a little bit raw compared to a BMW)

(4 stars) Car design -
+ great visibility in the front.
+ Rear feels high.
- Seats feel a little overstuffed like a lazy-boy. (wish it was tight like the BMW's sport seats)
- No forward facing camera or Top view of the car (helpful in tight spaces). I suppose we'll have to get used to the new sensors.
+ Suspension feels a tad under-damped. Car's a little bumpy with 2 adults and a kid
- Lane departure warning without the Auto-Navigation feature - vibrate the steering wheel when you go across a lane markings. Wish it would do that before you actually get on the lane marking. Its not adjustable.
- Does it have EMERGENCY braking for Stop 'n Go traffic situations?

(4 stars) Charging
? Surprised it says Max charging rate is 32A. Need to work with Tesla. Shouldn't this be 40A with the extended battery?

(5 stars) Electronics - looks great.
+ Still need to get used to all the functions
+ App is great.
+ Like the ability to create Driver Profile.
+ Easy Access is awesome
? Does it have Car Play?

(5 stars) Power
+ has good zip (compared to my Nissan Leaf). Still figuring out the regen braking intensity

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats and welcome to MSM + Sport Wheels club!!! @Stickers ;)

No forward facing camera or Top view of the car (helpful in tight spaces). I suppose we'll have to get used to the new sensors.
You do have a view of the car and obstacles front and read when parking if you watch the display. It will show you in inches as you get closer and closer and eventually post "STOP". Here's a run down on it in a few posts...
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/i-am-heartbroken-rim-damages-repairs.6258/page-7#post-95917
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/i-am-heartbroken-rim-damages-repairs.6258/page-8#post-95924
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/i-am-heartbroken-rim-damages-repairs.6258/page-8#post-95933
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/i-am-heartbroken-rim-damages-repairs.6258/page-8#post-95934

Lane departure warning without the Auto-Navigation feature - vibrate the steering wheel when you go across a lane markings. Wish it would do that before you actually get on the lane marking. Its not adjustable.
That's a good idea for an enhancement!

Does it have EMERGENCY braking for Stop 'n Go traffic situations?
From the owner's manual:

Automatic Emergency Braking automatically applies full braking in situations where a collision is considered imminent (see
Automatic Emergency Braking on page 77).
Warning: Automatic Emergency Braking is not designed to prevent a collision. At best, it can minimize the impact of a frontal collision by attempting to reduce your driving speed. Depending on Automatic Emergency Braking to avoid a collision can result in serious injury or death.

From Page 77:

Automatic Emergency Braking
The forward looking camera(s) and the radar sensor are designed to determine the distance from an object (vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian) traveling in front of Model 3. When a frontal collision is considered unavoidable, Automatic Emergency Braking is designed to apply the brakes to reduce the severity of the impact.
When Automatic Emergency Braking applies the brakes, the touchscreen displays a visual warning and sounds a chime. You may also notice abrupt downward movement of the brake pedal. The brake lights turn on to alert other road users that you are slowing down.
If driving 29 mph (46 km/h) or faster, the brakes are released after Automatic Emergency Braking has reduced your driving speed by 25 mph (40 km/h). For example, if Automatic Emergency Braking applies braking when driving 56 mph (90 km/h), it releases the brakes when your speed has been reduced to 31 mph (50 km/h).
Automatic Emergency Braking operates only when driving between approximately 7 mph (10 km/h) and 90 mph (150 km/h).
Automatic Emergency Braking does not apply the brakes, or stops applying the brakes, when:
• You turn the steering wheel sharply.
• You press and release the brake pedal while Automatic Emergency Braking is applying the brakes.
• You accelerate hard (the pressure on the accelerator pedal increases from below 90% to above 90%) while Automatic Emergency Braking is applying the brakes.
• The vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian is no longer detected ahead.
Automatic Emergency Braking is always enabled when you start Model 3. To disable it for your current drive, touch
Controls >Autopilot > Settings > Automatic Emergency Braking > OFF.
Warning: It is strongly recommended that you do not disable Automatic Emergency Braking. If you disable it, Model 3 does not automatically apply the brakes in situations where a collision is considered likely.
Warning: Automatic Emergency Braking is designed to reduce the severity of an impact. It is not designed to avoid a collision.
Warning: Several factors can affect the performance of Automatic Emergency Braking, causing either no braking or inappropriate or untimely braking. It is the driver’s responsibility to drive safely and remain in control of the vehicle at all times. Never depend on Automatic Emergency Braking to avoid or reduce the impact of a collision.
Warning: Automatic Emergency Braking is designed to reduce the impact of frontal collisions only and does not function when Model 3 is in Reverse.
Warning: Automatic Emergency Braking is not a substitute for maintaining a safe traveling distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
Warning: The brake pedal moves downward abruptly during automatic braking events. Always ensure that the brake pedal can move freely. Do not place material under or on top of the Tesla- supplied driver’s floor mat (including an additional mat) and always ensure that the driver’s floor mat is properly secured. Failure to do so can impede the ability of the brake pedal to move freely.

Surprised it says Max charging rate is 32A. Need to work with Tesla. Shouldn't this be 40A with the extended battery?
The car can handle more, but the new UMC is 32A whereas the UMC that ships with Model S/X is 40A. That said, you'll pickup 30 miles of range per hour at 32A.

Does it have Car Play?
No Apple CarPlay and I wouldn't expect it.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Everyone,
Just had Tesla drop off a MSM w/ Premium wheels. They brought it to my home, very prompt and the whole process took 5 minutes. Delivery coordinator called and assured me they've checked everything out.

Did a quick trip around the block. Here's my first impressions vs. expectations
(5 stars) Service experience
+ excellent coordination. All a little minimalistic but efficient.

(5 stars) Fit and finish - Better than expected
? Recommendations for a bumper plastic wrap?
+ Good (just one area where it was folded up. Still feels a little bit raw compared to a BMW)

(4 stars) Car design -
+ great visibility in the front.
+ Rear feels high.
- Seats feel a little overstuffed like a lazy-boy. (wish it was tight like the BMW's sport seats)
- No forward facing camera or Top view of the car (helpful in tight spaces). I suppose we'll have to get used to the new sensors.
+ Suspension feels a tad under-damped. Car's a little bumpy with 2 adults and a kid
- Lane departure warning without the Auto-Navigation feature - vibrate the steering wheel when you go across a lane markings. Wish it would do that before you actually get on the lane marking. Its not adjustable.
- Does it have EMERGENCY braking for Stop 'n Go traffic situations?

(4 stars) Charging
? Surprised it says Max charging rate is 32A. Need to work with Tesla. Shouldn't this be 40A with the extended battery?

(5 stars) Electronics - looks great.
+ Still need to get used to all the functions
+ App is great.
+ Like the ability to create Driver Profile.
+ Easy Access is awesome
? Does it have Car Play?

(5 stars) Power
+ has good zip (compared to my Nissan Leaf). Still figuring out the regen braking intensity
Congrats! and Welcome!