Hi from good old Belgium...

Frog

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After lurking around, I thought it was time to introduce myself :)
47yo guy from Liège, Belgium (Luik (NL), Luttich (DE)).
Made my res on Apr the 1st (no joke!), RN = 10843**** and been waaaaaaiting since then... by mostly listening to Ayreon :smilingimp: while having a beer (not just one, fortunately) and eating chocolate...

Cheers,
Frog

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome Frog! I also am an April 1st reservation! I was a fool to not reserve sight unseen. :cool:

Glad to have you with us and greetings from Iowa, U.S.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Cher ami et compatriote Grenouille :D, bonjour et bienvenue. Binamé, un Liégeois, quel plaisir! Ma grand-mère est de Tilleur! :)

1er avril? De cette année ou 2016? Dans le premier cas j’espère que tu es patient! :)

Frog

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
(Michael, I'll stick to English)

Thx you all for the warm welcome...

Made my reservation on Apr, the 1st 2016. So, yeah, it's been a while...

Then, a couple months later, I got this letter from Elon, thanking me for my order, along with a glossy pic of early Model 3 sketches. Since then, the pic has been displayed on the kitchen's wall radiator. Guests with an acute sense of observation always go like "What, you're going to buy a Tesla ?" And then I have to tell them to relax, that it's neither an S nor an X (couldn't afford these anyway). It's "only" the model 3, blah blah blah :)

Honestly, I was also looking at the Nissan Leaf 2.0 (1.0 was a 'no go' for sure, due to its look and its range / I have a 80 miles drive just to get to work, but mostly all highway without any traffic jams). Then, early this september, Leaf 2.0 was released and from what I saw/read, its base price is the same as the M3, battery range the same, bigger battery option is +/- same price as model 3, and the interior is just like any other car around. So, it's not because of (or thanks to) it's magical "gas" pedal that I'm going to cancel my res :)

For sure, I will go for the AWD version. Then maybe some glass roof... I think I will stick to the standard 18" wheels. At first glance, I said "No way" but as time passes by, I'm getting used to their look.

Now, I will also have to compare the price of my future brand new M3 with a second-hand dual motor model S. Damn, another dilemma... ^^