Hi all From Santa Clarita, CA

RolfS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi everyone,

I recently (sep) put in my reservation for a Model 3. Now the long wait begins. I’m sure many of you have already waited a year and hope to get it soon. I am sort of used to waiting. I previously owned a 2004 Prius when it first came out. I had to wait a long time to get that and actually had to travel a ways to get it—they were hard to come by at the time. Right now I am driving a 2012 so called plug in Prius. Can only travel about 9 miles in electric mode--well, its better than driving just a gas car.

Looking forward to getting the Model 3. Been hanging out here for a few weeks and decided to join in. I don’t post much but I do enjoy reading the comments from everyone.

Rolf

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome to the forum, it’s great to have you!

You get 9 more electric miles than I do right now ;)

As for waits... this place really helps! Many of us are nearly 18 months already. Hopefully your wait is shorter with the ramp in production.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
WELCOME, Rolf! :)

This is one of the very few places where people remind you every day why waiting two years for a car can make sense!! ;)

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome!

My wife went through the same thing when she purchased her 2005 prius. The dealer markups at the time were crazy and the wait lists!

She's now driving a 2015 plug in prius so she beats your 9 miles of electric range by 3 WHOLE miles!

Enjoy the wait. We're all in the same boat.

RolfS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

I have not actually seen a Model 3 in real life. I bet a lot of you have not either. I sure hope they have some at the LA Auto Show (Dec 1-10). Tesla has a good location at the show right near the entrance in South Hall.