Hey owners who reserved your Model 3 for 2nd/teen car:

jsanford

Eloise the 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
...you know that you’d rather use your current X or S as the backup vehicle and get a Roadster instead!

Sure, it’s a little more expensive, but $250k is really less monetary value after three years’ inflation. I’m talking to all of you, current owners who aren’t in a bracket that the tax break matters, P100D owners, Model X for the kids...

Here’s the kicker—I bet they’ll paint it red without charging extra. Go look at the Roadster video on YouTube.
;-)

/humor

Rusty

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I agree. I am sure those ahead of us in the que could use a roadster instead of the Model 3.

IMO Tesla just shot over the bow of every performance car company out there. Convert to electric or become obsolete. I love it. - I wonder if Elon needs to hire a body guard? Haha

Model34mePlease

Country
Country
I am waiting for them to run it on every race track in all categories: NASCAR, Formula 1, etc., and blow away the times of the ICE race cars that run there. It can't have a maximum speed in excess of 250mph for no reason. It could also run in all those races (if they could figure out how to make it fit the rules) probably with no stops for fuel.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am waiting for them to run it on every race track in all categories: NASCAR, Formula 1, etc., and blow away the times of the ICE race cars that run there. It can't have a maximum speed in excess of 250mph for no reason. It could also run in all those races (if they could figure out how to make it fit the rules) probably with no stops for fuel.
We don’t know how long it can run at speed like that though.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Uh… you reallllllllly need to go read up on racing

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Farther than a Bugatti Chiron that I saw an article on Inside EVs comparing it to.:cool:
I think there were massive assumptions about the car’s ability to not overheat for long duration at top speed.

chopr147

Country
Country
I LOVE my S (it's in the shop today getting a performance upgrade!!!!!!!)
But I did think about my 21 yr old son getting the 3. Not on my dime of course but. he does not get paid enough just yet for that big of a loan. MY "problem" is an S lease until 2019 and my wife's lease until 2019. Terrible planning on my part :( And a 3 invite sometime in January/February 2018. :confused: I'm just not ready for it

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country