Hey, lets start a delivery cancellation thread!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

h0mersimps0n

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ordered September 5th

Delivery scheduled for September 20th

Cancelled today September 18th

Rescheduled for (earliest possible) September 28th

I had a VIN (and I didn't write it down but it was in the 80,000's)

Now, my VIN is gone.

This sucks.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ordered September 5th

Now, my VIN is gone.

This sucks.

What did they say the reason for the delay?

Tzoid

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
just got the call a minute ago. Tomorrow delivery is cancelled. They don't have the car. Tesla account has change back to sept 18 nov 18 and VIN is gone. If it's just a case of car has not yet arrived then I hope it's only a couple of days. I hafta call my insurance now to stop insure from activating tomorrow. They did offer a rental from Enterprise if I wanted. Turned it down for now.

Day 2 reservation
June 28th order
first delivery date Sept 28th
bumped up to the 21st
bumped up to the 18th
bumped down to the 19th
Now no date.....Its prom allover again

h0mersimps0n

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What did they say the reason for the delay?
They blamed it on the hurricanes and transport issues as a result

I think the removal of the VIN is the most disturbing thing. I mean once you get a VIN it feels like "my car".

I'm glad I didn't setup the insurance on it until the last second so I don't have to mess with that.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They blamed it on the hurricanes and transport issues as a result

I think the removal of the VIN is the most disturbing thing. I mean once you get a VIN it feels like "my car".

I'm glad I didn't setup the insurance on it until the last second so I don't have to mess with that.
Others have suggested that if delivery is more than 7 days out the system may automatically hide the VIN

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ordered September 5th

Now, my VIN is gone.

This sucks.
Scheduled for delivery today. Received "The Call" yesterday afternoon - car not in Chicago yet. Re-scheduled for my next day off, 09/26. 900 days and still waiting...

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla called me to go over the delivery process and less than a minute into the conversation she was like "oh no" and I asked what the problem was and she replied that my VIN disappeared off my account. She said she would call me back once she figured things out, that was yesterday. She did say that there has been a bug in the system recently so who knows. Dammit! :(

I also just noticed my Edit Design link just popped back up on my Account!

Corey

Country
Country
Posted on the AWD thread, but I'll add my experience here. Was set up with a 09/25 delivery date and VIN assigned. They Called and texted Yesterday around 4pm eastern to say they had to reschedule and offered me the next available date of 09/30 @ 4pm. 5 Days is not so bad, but I'm worried they are going to delay it again. I still have my VIN and the back door edit still is not working, so those are positives. I'm hoping they continue to push hard for 3rd quarter numbers....any further slip and Ill be into 4th quarter for them.

aarons23

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was supposed to be picking up my Model 3 this Friday, the 21st. I received a call yesterday around 4:30 from Tesla telling me that due to the hurricane my Model 3 would not be in Maryland until over a week and a half later. So now my delivery is scheduled for the 5th of October. I am really hoping this gets moved up to this coming week but I don't have high hopes at this point. Really hoping I don't get another call that it isn't going to be available on the 5th either. JUST WANT MY CAR!!!!!

dragonvoi

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was scheduled for delivery 9/11 and was diligent about confirming if the vehicle is on site and ready to go on 9/7 and 9/10 my IDA was not responsive and I just called into the 800 number and asked if they could verify my vehicle on site on 9/10. I missed a call from Oakland, CA 9/10 pm and saw an email in the morning. called the number back and it was a Senior DA that confirmed the vehicle needed to be repaired as there was an issue with the vehicle that needed a part to be replaced, pushback 1-2 weeks. I get a call 9/17 to see I fi can pickup 9/18 I said sure! Call 9/18 in the am and get the same SDA saying that the error was not fixed by the replacement part, and I am getting issued a whole new car, may take 1-2 weeks. I said OK and proceeded to be disappointed yet again. such a vicious cycle! I sent an email yesterday, indicating I am willing to take a white, or MSM in addition to my silver order if that helps with replacement selections, as well as a P version if I get a deal/discount to tempt me and to make-up for the inconvenience. Not sure what that will get me but I asked.

Has anyone received and upgrades/concessions for pickup delay?

What do you think I should ask for?

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was scheduled for delivery 9/11 and was diligent about confirming if the vehicle is on site and ready to go on 9/7 and 9/10 my IDA was not responsive and I just called into the 800 number and asked if they could verify my vehicle on site on 9/10. I missed a call from Oakland, CA 9/10 pm and saw an email in the morning. called the number back and it was a Senior DA that confirmed the vehicle needed to be repaired as there was an issue with the vehicle that needed a part to be replaced, pushback 1-2 weeks. I get a call 9/17 to see I fi can pickup 9/18 I said sure! Call 9/18 in the am and get the same SDA saying that the error was not fixed by the replacement part, and I am getting issued a whole new car, may take 1-2 weeks. I said OK and proceeded to be disappointed yet again. such a vicious cycle! I sent an email yesterday, indicating I am willing to take a white, or MSM in addition to my silver order if that helps with replacement selections, as well as a P version if I get a deal/discount to tempt me and to make-up for the inconvenience. Not sure what that will get me but I asked.

You can always try but I don't think your gonna get jack sh*t from Tesla...lol Not that kinda company, they know you want the car more than a crack head wants a rock :innocent:

If it makes you feel any better I just got my VIN taken away and they are trying to find another car that matches my config due to "Logistic Problems". I think she was surprised when I didn't bite her head off after hearing the bad news. I told her no worries, just get back to me asap when you get my new VIN. Hopefully she appreciates this and puts a little extra effort to help

h0mersimps0n

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was supposed to be picking up my Model 3 this Friday, the 21st. I received a call yesterday around 4:30 from Tesla telling me that due to the hurricane my Model 3 would not be in Maryland until over a week and a half later. So now my delivery is scheduled for the 5th of October. I am really hoping this gets moved up to this coming week but I don't have high hopes at this point. Really hoping I don't get another call that it isn't going to be available on the 5th either. JUST WANT MY CAR!!!!!
I'm in MD too...

dragonvoi

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You can always try but I don't think your gonna get jack sh*t from Tesla...lol Not that kinda company, they know you want the car more than a crack head wants a rock :innocent:

If it makes you feel any better I just got my VIN taken away and they are trying to find another car that matches my config due to "Logistic Problems". I think she was surprised when I didn't bite her head off after hearing the bad news. I told her no worries, just get back to me asap when you get my new VIN. Hopefully she appreciates this and puts a little extra effort to help
I am a believer of the truth: "Ask, and you shall..." with the keyword being ASK! Being in the customer service industry I sell "crack" to my own "crackheads" all day and don't giveaway much unless the experience is not up to par AND the customer asks. I have heard of people ask for the hub/lug covers for the 18" wheels when the aero cover is removed, free programming for spare cards (others are charged $7.50/card) and discounted accessories. Some people like seeing extra effort as a token of appreciation and some like gifts, I personally like both!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered -Aug 24th
First delivery email received on- Sept 6
VIN Received- Sept 10
MVPA Received- Sept 13
Earliest delivery possible - Sept 18th and scheduled
Call received on Sept 15 to delay to Sept 26
Delivery Advisor does not respond to emails, nor will he give me his contact phone number, When he did finally reply, he did not answer any/all questions and instead copied and pasted from the FAQ's on Teslas website. He tells me home delivery is not an options, but Tesla Support team tells me its always an option. When i ask for his phone number for his office, he refers me to the support team which are helpful but useless as they cannot answer many questions. I "escalated" the no response issue with the Support team who said a supervisor will contact me soon, 4 business days later, still no response from IDA or Supervisor.........

I understand many other are still waiting and are having the same problem, but as a customer we should be kept in the "loop".

Very Disappointing.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I'm in Sacramento too, same configuration as yours. When they emailed me to schedule delivery, they said October 1-8. I told them 10/5 as it is a friday and my day off. They emailed back and said they could squeeze me in even earlier, 9/28-9/29 but it wouldn't work for me anyway so 10/5 is my locked in date. Still no VIN though and it makes me very anxious hearing all these issues.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Delivered!

Scheduled for delivery 09/19 Highland Park Chicago, notified 09/18 by phone call that the car wouldn't be there in time so rescheduled for 09/26. Email received this morning that car was in, and could be picked up on 09/21. Asked if I could get it today, and after an hour or so, they said yes and it would be prepped by 4:30 pm. Picked it up today, and after getting a couple small scuffs buffed out, it looks perfect - no gap issues, paint problems, etc. Also very quick with all paperwork and trade-in, and they said no problem transferring my custom plates from old car. Great experience, car is a blast!
img_20180920_165449-jpg.14859

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Supposed to pick up on yesterday 9/20. Rescheduled to Monday 9/24. Supposed to get to NJ on Sunday. Sounds interesting to me since they are closed on Sunday but ok, maybe they are there to accept vehicles. I do have a VIN and have completed all the paperwork online. I think there's a 30% chance of my actual pick up. I'm sure they'll be delivering a bunch of vehicles this quarter but I would think they'd love to have the extra 500, 750, 1,000+ vehicles that are stuck in delivery hell. I'm just super excited to get this car and this is bringing me down.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Supposed to pick up on yesterday 9/20. Rescheduled to Monday 9/24. Supposed to get to NJ on Sunday. Sounds interesting to me since they are closed on Sunday but ok, maybe they are there to accept vehicles. I do have a VIN and have completed all the paperwork online. I think there's a 30% chance of my actual pick up. I'm sure they'll be delivering a bunch of vehicles this quarter but I would think they'd love to have the extra 500, 750, 1,000+ vehicles that are stuck in delivery hell. I'm just super excited to get this car and this is bringing me down.
at least you are not alone, if that is any consolation (it really isn't to me, but maybe you are more gracious ;))