Help 2nd EAP trial stuck? updating

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

critikle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine was stuck like that for ~45 min. You can drive with it but the UI does not work properly, so I did the quick reset and it works fine. I don't see anything new on the Autopilot settings page so not sure if I screwed myself out of a 2nd trial.

markrodg

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had the same thing this morning. I was able to drive but the screen appeared again while I was driving and I was unable to close it until I reset. Does anyone know if they are re-introducing the trial? I'm on 39.7

jdandrea

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same here (on 2018.39.7 per my mobile app), and I already finished the 14 day trial a few months ago. I thought that perhaps they were extending my trial by another 16 days, now that it’s a 30 day trial! Or that there was some emergency update push going on. No idea, really.

Also: Is it me or is this UX unexpected? Usually it’s rolled into a regular update (that I also get a chance to set the time for), and not so specific with a modal dialog like this one, at least in my experience.

Last edited:

jsanford

Eloise the 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Relieved to know I’m not the only one who woke up to this. Took our truck to the dentist and found the screen unchanged when I returned back home ninety minutes later.

I couldn’t put the car in gear. Our EAP trial ended sometime the week of September 10th.

I’m on hold with service, didn’t try a reboot. I’m more concerned that we didn’t receive a software update alert yesterday. First issue ever with Eloise. I’m on 36.2.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Im in the same boat. Unable to put the car into forward or reverse. Been that way for over an hour now. I have now idea when the message first appeared. I updated to v9 last night and completed, took a tour of the new screens, etc.. This morning this message was on the screen.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got a pop up message for the autopilot free trial. It just said that the software is being installed and to wait a minute. I waited for about an hour and nothing happened so I restarted my screen, and after that I didn’t have the option for a free trial anymore. Has this happened to anyone lately?

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ditto. Waited five minutes then had to drive the car, the message stayed on until I parked. Just checked it, the message is gone and under Autopilot it says "Order Now" still.

Dunno if I have another trial, can't drive it for awhile.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good to know I was not the only one. BTW, I already had a 14 day free trial few weeks ago, but wouldn’t mind having another one. I like it but still can’t justify paying $7000+ CAD for something that I would only use once in a while.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After 2 hours now, I just called Tesla Service where the automated response states that the estimated hold time is greater than 40 minutes Awesome, they brick my car and now I wait. I suppose this is what one gets from supporting bleeding edge technology...

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update: Tesla advised me to do a soft reset and the dialog is now no longer displaying. I was told this is a known issue and is being resolved. Additionally, I was told that no update is actually occurring when this erroneous dialog is displayed. It is not only safe, but recommended, to do a soft rest of the screen by holding down both scroll wheels on the steering wheel.

Model3VT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine was stuck that way for hours as well, already had a trial. Forced me to use an ICE car to go eat after waiting "a minute" (20 minutes) and the update was still not done. Did soft reset and got rid of the screen after I got back. I know... first world problems.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had the exact same thing this morning. Was on my way out, and had to drive the car, so couldn't wait for it to figure itself out. After ten minutes I did a soft reset with the steering wheel buttons and the box went away. I was also hopeful there was a second free trial ...

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had the exact same thing this morning. Was on my way out, and had to drive the car, so couldn't wait for it to figure itself out. After ten minutes I did a soft reset with the steering wheel buttons and the box went away. I was also hopeful there was a second free trial ...
Same thing happened to me few hours ago. Did a soft reset and the auto pilot trial software update screen went away.

I had previously got one trial for autopilot. Are they starting this trail again?