Hello! New Model 3 owner in Los Angeles

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

HAL3000

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi everyone,

Got my Model 3 April 19th and loving it! Got the Midnight Silver, 19" Wheels, and, of course, Auto-Pilot (in addition to the other goodies that we really didn't have a choice about). Good news for tall drivers (I'm 6'2 1/2"), I can fit and see out adequately! My only issue is getting in and out as it is a little low.

Still learning the system and spent much of the last few days trying to figure out the buggy app/key issues (but I hear I'm not alone). I also had trouble getting the streaming services to work the last few days and nope is also related.

The only issue that is truly confounding me is the ground clearance. I am scraping on my driveway and I didn't have that problem on my previous car (Acura RDX) with the exact ground clearance (5.5"). I am going to try increasing the PSI in the tires (currently 43 and max is 51). I'm hoping that will work!

Greg

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello and welcome. You picked the best spec ever, I may be biased though :)

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
The only issue that is truly confounding me is the ground clearance. I am scraping on my driveway and I didn't have that problem on my previous car (Acura RDX) with the exact ground clearance (5.5"). I am going to try increasing the PSI in the tires (currently 43 and max is 51). I'm hoping that will work!
The reason you’re scraping is because the Model 3 has a longer wheelbase than the RDX.

Congrats and I’ll be joining you soon with another Model 3 in LA.

HAL3000

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The reason you’re scraping is because the Model 3 has a longer wheelbase than the RDX.

Congrats and I’ll be joining you soon with another Model 3 in LA.
That makes perfect sense. That extra 8 inches giving me the problems. Well thank you and I look forward to seeing you around town. There are going to be a lot of us!