Hello from Western North Carolina

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can't wait to get my Model 3! I'll likely be one of the first in Western NC getting theirs, fingers crossed!
December - February delivery.

Anyone else in the Area?
Welcome to the forum!! When did you reserve?

You may see some floating around before you get yours. Existing Tesla customers will start to see cars toward late October and people that waited in line early before the unveiling see a range of November - January on the first production.

Cheers to electric cars everywhere soon!!

Country
Country
Welcome to the forum!! When did you reserve?

You may see some floating around before you get yours. Existing Tesla customers will start to see cars toward late October and people that waited in line early before the unveiling see a range of November - January on the first production.

Cheers to electric cars everywhere soon!!
I wasn't able to stand in line at a store, but I ordered as soon as it was possible online. 30 minutes before the presentation if I remember correctly. In my town specifically I've rarely seen a Telsa. I think we have a couple Model Xs floating around. Most are north near Asheville, but still not many.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Welcome to M3OC with friendly greetings from across the pond! :)

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can't wait to get my Model 3! I'll likely be one of the first in Western NC getting theirs, fingers crossed!

Anyone else in the Area?
I live in Hendersonville too. Welcome to the forum! I reserved at the same time, and have the same delivery window but am holding for awd. (I travel to the midwest each winter at least once). I look forward to seeing your car! My awd window is September-November, 2018.

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow, small world! Are you in the Western North Carolina Tesla Owners Facebook page yet?
Will be looking forward to your 3 around town as well! Once I receive mine, shoot me a message and I'll be glad to let you see if it you haven't yet already!
I am a retired circuit court judge (from Wisconsin), so I avoid Facebook. Not everyone likes me. I would appreciate a chance to see your car and will certainly post the day I get mine.

Country
Country
I am a retired circuit court judge (from Wisconsin), so I avoid Facebook. Not everyone likes me. I would appreciate a chance to see your car and will certainly post the day I get mine.
Ah understandable, but if I'm not mistaken, was that you that just joined the WNC Tesla Owners page?
I'm hoping we can have a big meet up on the Parkway. :D

Hello Rocco! I live just down the mountain from you in Greenville, SC! I have a May-July '18 delivery date. I was a little late to the party, but I don't mind the extra time to save up for down payment funds.

@pjfw8 , did we meet at the Asheville National Drive Electric Week show last weekend? My wife and I seem to remember talking to a couple from Wisconsin about model 3 reservations.

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello Rocco! I live just down the mountain from you in Greenville, SC! I have a May-July '18 delivery date. I was a little late to the party, but I don't mind the extra time to save up for down payment funds.

@pjfw8 , did we meet at the Asheville National Drive Electric Week show last weekend? My wife and I seem to remember talking to a couple from Wisconsin about model 3 reservations.
Quite likely. My wife and I are both small gray-haired old people

jmmdownhil

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Anyone else in the Area?
I'm in Chapel Hill but my daughter lives in Asheville. I'm late to the M3 party and did not reserve until July, 2017. I drank the cool aid after a trip to Scandinavia and was blown away in Norway after seeing all the Teslas and other EVs plus the fantastic EV charging infrastructure. Drove an MX in Raleigh and that set the hook for the M3. Looking forward to hearing about the first M3 in NC. This site is fantastic - didn't realize all the stuff I should be obsessed about while I wait.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I'm in Chapel Hill but my daughter lives in Asheville. I'm late to the M3 party and did not reserve until July, 2017. I drank the cool aid after a trip to Scandinavia and was blown away in Norway after seeing all the Teslas and other EVs plus the fantastic EV charging infrastructure. Drove an MX in Raleigh and that set the hook for the M3. Looking forward to hearing about the first M3 in NC. This site is fantastic - didn't realize all the stuff I should be obsessed about while I wait.
Welcome to the forum, @jmmdownhil , glad you enjoy it!
Spent a couple of days in Asheville during last summer on our way from WV to Atlanta, beautiful area! :)

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To those who already have their model three, what North Carolina insurance company have you used? Any surprises on the cost?

SalisburySam

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To those who already have their model three, what North Carolina insurance company have you used? Any surprises on the cost?
I’m in Salisbury, about half way between Charlotte and the Triad up I-85. Got my 3 on 7/19/18 and love it, love it, love it! I’ve used USAA for automobile (and other) insurance for about 45 years now, and have added the 3 to my policy. My Nissan LEAF is for sale and when sold I’ll delete it from coverage. I was surprised at how little additional the premium was for the 3, certainly not out of line at all for a brand new vehicle of any type. If eligible, I’d recommend USAA to anyone.

jmmdownhil

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m in Salisbury, about half way between Charlotte and the Triad up I-85. Got my 3 on 7/19/18 and love it, love it, love it! I’ve used USAA for automobile (and other) insurance for about 45 years now, and have added the 3 to my policy. My Nissan LEAF is for sale and when sold I’ll delete it from coverage. I was surprised at how little additional the premium was for the 3, certainly not out of line at all for a brand new vehicle of any type. If eligible, I’d recommend USAA to anyone.
I have had similar experience with USAA. Probably purchased most of their products over the years. My M-3 cost is almost the same as each of my other two cars. (see signature) Very reasonable.