Hello From Upstate NY!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Everyone!,

Long time lurker and Tesla fan here from Upstate NY just outside the Albany area. I finally picked up my P3D+ obsidian black metallic with black interior last weekend and have been absolutely loving it.

It's really the first "nice" car that I've ever owned and even it the short time I've had it it's really changed my outlook on driving. I work from home for the most part and in general have short commutes otherwise (70 miles of driving in a week would be heavy for me) but this last week I've been looking for any excuse I can to hit the road. I don't see the instant torque acceleration ever getting old. I did a ~350 mile round trip north eastern brewery run the other day mostly on autopilot with absolutely no issues, it was really amazing to see it in action. It really seems like Tesla has nailed down the future of driving and as a technology geek it seems like it's the absolute perfect car for me.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting into the customizing scene, so far I've got a carbon fiber wrap from Abstract Ocean to cover the fingerprint magnet center console (still needs to be applied), a BlendMount rearview mirror mount for my radar detector, a carbon fiber molded replacement dash on the way from RPM Tesla, and a Nomad wireless charger on preorder. I'm looking to pick up a set of snow tires in the coming months and eventually I may spring for a chrome delete, wrap, or maybe some tinting (Assuming it won't impact visibility for autopilot?).

Anyways, looking forward to getting to know everyone and contributing where I can!

Cheers!

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome! and Congrats! on your Model 3. There are many ways to spend a bunch of money on add-ons and accessories. My thought is work with a budget and try to stick with it. Enjoy your new ride!

I'm already getting annoyed with all the finger prints I keep seeing on the center console, car handles and everywhere. I may eventually do something similar but not until I have sold my previous car or get my tax credit back. Need to be smart and enjoy what I have for now. I did buy the car matts though and so happy I did. They have saved me a ton of dirt stains and such and are an easy spray down to get clean.