Hello from Northern Virginia

EValuatED

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all, joined the forum a few months ago and wanted to say thanks the founders & members for starting the forum and posting interesting content!

I'm fortunate to live relatively close to the Tesla Tysons location -- and made a pre-reveal reservation -- mid-afternoon (when I could escape from work)! As this location is "behind" a huge Audi dealership, I chuckled thinking of them looking at the line outside the little Tesla shop -- no one has lined up outside their doors before to my knowledge.

When I rolled in the Tesla staff told me the line, that started before they opened that day, had dissipated an hour earlier. I saw one person also going to a table in the showroom set up with several PCs to take reservations. It was wild to see the reservation count during the evening reveal! And worrisome, making me feel I wouldn't see my M3 for several years, lol! But thanks to Troy's great delivery estimator I'm hopeful to take delivery in the 1st half of 2018.

Currently driving a Gen2 Volt (since June 2016) as my Tesla training wheels :cool: and looking forward to going all electric! Making my ~56 mile roundtrip commute without gas most of the time (winter was educational, re: range effects).

Looking forward to the 28 July Launch event and more importantly the chance to configure and take delivery of my M3 (75D) as soon as we can on the East coast!

Last edited:

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hi all, joined the forum a few months ago and wanted to thanks the founders & members for starting the forum and posting interesting content! (...)
Looking forward to the 28 July Launch event and more importantly the chance to configure and take delivery of my M3 (75D) as soon as we can on the East coast!
Great to have you on board, @EValuatED ! :)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all, joined the forum a few months ago and wanted to thanks the founders & members for starting the forum and posting interesting content!

I'm fortunate to live relatively close to the Tesla Tysons location -- and made a pre-reveal reservation -- mid-afternoon (when I could escape from work)! As this location is "behind" a huge Audi dealership, I chuckled thinking of them looking at the line outside the little Tesla shop -- no one has lined up outside their doors before to my knowledge.

When I rolled in the Tesla staff told me the line, that started before they opened that day, had dissipated an hour earlier. I saw one person also going to a table in the showroom set up with several PCs to take reservations. It was wild to see the reservation count during the evening reveal! And worrisome, making me feel I wouldn't see my M3 for several years, lol! But thanks to Troy's great delivery estimator I'm hopeful to take delivery in the 1st half of 2018.

Currently driving a Gen2 Volt (since June 2016) as my Tesla training wheels :cool: and looking forward to going all electric! Making my ~56 mile roundtrip commute without gas most of the time (winter was educational, re: range effects).

Welcome to the forum!!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the kind words and welcome aboard! Thing are going to get very busy here over the next few months!! ;)

mservice

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Didn’t see this anywhere, of course that doesn’t mean it hasn’t been posted, the Springfield, Va. Town Center Supercharger has gone live.. other forums have started to attempt to get groups to attend a ribbon cutting or other club events in the next couple weeks. Things look like first week, or two of July.

mservice

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It was a pleasure to meet you today and your car looks great! Definitely going to check out your detailer (so thanks for that info, too)!
T
It was a pleasure to meet you today and your car looks great! Definitely going to check out your detailer (so thanks for that info, too)!
thanks, same.. do you have the phone number of my detailer?

Tesla Patel

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry.. if this is not the right thread.
I am getting home charger cost estimates and I was quoted $1100 for install (run 40 ft from panel to garage). Is this too much?

mservice

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry.. if this is not the right thread.
I am getting home charger cost estimates and I was quoted $1100 for install (run 40 ft from panel to garage). Is this too much?
It just depends. One of the biggest issues is the pull. The longer the pull the more it costs. 40 feet seems not that far for the price.. you should shop around first. I when through about 6 company’s before I picked my installer. My price is a lot more because I don’t have a garage so it needs to go under my lawn, sidewalk, and a tower installed in the street. When I was checking prices were all over the place. So strong suggestion to shop first.