Hello from Melbourne Australia

Winemaker01

TOO Supporting Member
This is my first message to the forum for quite sometime. I have communicated with Trevor over the years and more recently with Eric but never that crazy Hungarian. However, all of us share a passion for Tesla. I reserved mine on the morning of March 30, 2016 and ordered on May 31 this year, the earliest that us Aussies were able to. I received the "Delivery" call notification last week and will take delivery on Sept 30 at 10am. It will be a Red Performance Model 3 with FSD. I really wanted a range of 550km and rear wheel drive because I live in the countryside and in Australia we do not have that many Superchargers yet so a little range anxiety tipped me to the performance as all other options were about 100km less range. Many who ordered in Australia are rather frustrated about the very poor level of communication from Tesla about when we will receive our car. The issue being quite complex because the cars come by ship at the rate of about 300 to 500 a time, then need about 17 days to be readied by a "Logistics" company PLUS shipping around Aust which is as large as the US. Then of course the type you ordered will also dictate whether they make right hand drive SR+ or RHD performance in your colour etc etc. We all just sit back and wait for the call. So assuming I can make a small video of the delivery experience I will do so. on Monday Sept 30. What I can say is that it will be brief without endless prattle.
I am not sure if videos are uploaded directly to this site or if I upload to Youtube and simple post a link into something like this. Hopefully someone will advise.
Cheers from David www.eldridge-estate.com.au

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is my first message to the forum for quite sometime.
Welcome back! :)

I really wanted a range of 550km and rear wheel drive
It's probably too late now, but it was possible to order a long range RWD "off-menu" by calling Tesla. It might be worth a shot just to see what they say. If they will still allow it, it will push back your delivery time further, but that may be worth it to you.

I am not sure if videos are uploaded directly to this site or if I upload to Youtube and simple post a link into something like this. Hopefully someone will advise.
Uploading to YouTube is the easiest solution. If you paste a URL to a YouTube video into a post, the forum software will convert it into an embedded video.

Winemaker01

TOO Supporting Member
Thankyou, I rang Tesla and emailed immediately the offer came on May 31. Clearly they new that I was a very, very early reservation and they said a change may delay delivery many months longer. I love the car but with current pathetic state of Tesla service in Australia may end up selling it and buying a Kona electric. I have only had the 3 days driving one in Oregon last year which I liked but Tesla Australia has reduced service so much that friends with Model S are already losing the faith. The car is good but the way they treat customers in Australia who are paying US$90k plus is pathetic. I really want/need a car like Model Y but after the Model 3 experience suspect I will move to another maker rather than wait.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is my first message to the forum for quite sometime. I have communicated with Trevor over the years and more recently with Eric but never that crazy Hungarian. However, all of us share a passion for Tesla. I reserved mine on the morning of March 30, 2016 and ordered on May 31 this year, the earliest that us Aussies were able to. I received the "Delivery" call notification last week and will take delivery on Sept 30 at 10am. It will be a Red Performance Model 3 with FSD. I really wanted a range of 550km and rear wheel drive because I live in the countryside and in Australia we do not have that many Superchargers yet so a little range anxiety tipped me to the performance as all other options were about 100km less range. Many who ordered in Australia are rather frustrated about the very poor level of communication from Tesla about when we will receive our car. The issue being quite complex because the cars come by ship at the rate of about 300 to 500 a time, then need about 17 days to be readied by a "Logistics" company PLUS shipping around Aust which is as large as the US. Then of course the type you ordered will also dictate whether they make right hand drive SR+ or RHD performance in your colour etc etc. We all just sit back and wait for the call. So assuming I can make a small video of the delivery experience I will do so. on Monday Sept 30. What I can say is that it will be brief without endless prattle.
Cheers from David www.eldridge-estate.com.au
Hey welcome back! I know the wait has been interminable but it's worth it, the cars are fantastic. I think you made the right choice with long range given your situation