Hello from Kelowna, BC!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am taking delivery of my M3 AWD Wednesday May 29th in Vancouver. I have the electrician installing my home charger on Thursday. Any suggestions for delivery day? I have printed out a M3 delivery checklist but I am hearing horror stories about the delivery experience at the Powell Street lot. My pickup time is scheduled for 10:30 AM so should have good light to see any imperfections. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Greetings fellow canuckistanian. Frankly, even if there are issues you'll still love it :D You already have the checklist so not a tonne to tell you except for the experience:

Good light is helpful, but bring a flashlight if you really want to deep-dive on paint quality to see reflections/imperfections. They do great work with a buffer but it might need another touch here and there.

Panel gaps may still be a concern, but I haven't seen much news/complaint of that lately. Don't be afraid to bring up problems with somewhat easily solvable stuff: the trunk and frunk lids, as well as the doors can be unbolted and re-bolted to improve alignment. Things like glass are glued in and aren't going to be moved unless it's gratuitously wrong.

For me, delivery was backed up a bit so I was sat in the waiting room an extra hour after my appt time. Be prepared for a little delay, bring a snack. The waiting room keurig was not enough to stop me bouncing off the walls with delight. (I know Tesla is trying to keep costs down but other dealerships really have them beat with espresso machines, snacks, comfortable chairs, real TV, etc)

They will give you a 'congrats, welcome to the tesla family' certificate. Bring an envelope or briefcase if you want to keep that crisp. Mine got mangled falling off the seat on the drive home.

VanIsleGuy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I took delivery of a SR+ a couple of months ago in Vancouver and didn't have any issues. Gaps were great, paint is perfect (I'm not a perfectionist but I didn't notice any blemishes). Delivery process was pretty smooth. Frully isn't kidding when mentioning saving money in the waiting room. They had a coffee machine with coffee mate (no real cream) and a small fridge with perrier cans in it, but nothing else. Only branding it was the Tesla delivery place from the outside is a small popup tent. Had some posters inside but definitely nothing fancy. I'm totally fine with that, the car is amazing, still makes me smile every day, and the people were nice. I was too excited to care that I didn't get an espresso. There were some cracks about handing over 10's of thousands of dollars to some guy in a sketchy parking lot, but it all went well. Enjoy the drive! I had actually ordered the AWD but changed my order to the SR+. You are going to love it!

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
welcome!

I did the vancouver - kelowna (and back) drive in my mid-range battery model 3 on Sunday/Monday it's a great trip.

Use the trip planner and make sure you have the option for "find superchargers" set. Also set the charge limit to 100% for the trip.

You will want to stop in Hope to charge up and get some food at Rolly's cafe just a block south of the chargers. You should make it to Kelowna from Hope with about 25% or so left on a mid-range battery, even more left on a long-range.

You also need to get some bug wipes. When I got into Kelowna on Sunday (staying at the Best Western Plus which has a supercharger array and some additional destination Tesla chargers and some J1772 chargers) i immediately went to the Canadian Tire across Harvey Rd and got some Armorall bug and tar wipes because

every. single. bug. in. the. interior. was. on. the. front. of. the. car.

The grilless smooth look of the M3 is nice, but it is a bug catcher.

Makkslive

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I took delivery of my M3 AWD in white 19s last week! Look forward to see you on the road in Kelowna!