Hello from Indiana!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Welcome! (though I'm no mid-Westerner, I did live in Akron, OH for two years two decades ago... and 1 in Rapid City, S.D. 40 years ago!!)

Country
Country
Hello from Fort Wayne! Along with my reservation, I have two other coworkers with reservations. Also, a buddy of mine has one. I am very surprised that I actually know people with reservations coming from Indiana (of all places), the Model 3 is going to be awesome!

JMart

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello from Carmel, IN! I just joined M3OC, but I've been gathering some great info from everyone for the past month or two. I'm not a current owner, but I was 21st in line at the Indianapolis gallery on 3/31/16. After almost 18 months of waiting, we're still undecided on almost everything about what we'll order!

Probably go for standard range, but it's hard to be patient (Nov-Jan vs Jan-Mar delivery)
I'd like Black or Metallic Silver, but the wife wants blue, so we'll probably get blue!
Pretty sure we'll take the 18" wheels - I actually kind of like them
Not at all sure about EAP, probably no FSD

If only we had a little more time to think it through!

Mattstyle

Country
Country
Hello and welcome! I'm from Mishawaka and have friends and family all over the Indianapolis/Carmel area, I know it well. You are a few months ahead of me in the queue, and even more so since I am waiting for AWD. We definitely have way too much time still to think about options and to change our minds!:D

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I was at the Indianapolis store earlier this week and they said they have their first Model 3 delivery date set. So, we might get to see a Model 3 on the road in the near future.

Probably wishful thinking, but I hope that someone who takes delivery over the next month or two will set up a meet and greet for those of us reservation holders in the Indy area.

Last edited:

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Welcome to all you recent members, @Silvermaxd , @M3Driver ! You’ve come to right place!

Whether you have your car (congrats!!) or you’re still waiting, wish you all the best with friendly mod greetings from Europe!

Nautilus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Model 3s are of course a bit more common in the greater Indianapolis area since this thread started in late 2016, but that's a good thing. :)

There will be an opportunity to talk to several Indy-area Model 3 owners and see their cars on April 28th during one of the many Drive Electric Earth Day events nationwide, this one on Indianapolis' north side. There is a similar event the same afternoon in Zionsville just to the north.

I'll be at the Indy event with my Model 3, although if the number of Model 3s keeps growing and no Chevy Volts sign up, I may bring our Volt instead just to have some diversity of cars represented.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Welcome to the forum!

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Fishers SC is only 72kW, while Carmel and every other nearby is 120kW?
The Fishers SC is an urban supercharger, rather than a "standard" supercharger like Carmel.

Urban superchargers are often located in urban parking garages and shopping centers, and have a smaller form factor in order to accommodate these types of spaces. As a result of this more compact design, urban superchargers have a power output of 72 kW... but unlike standard superchargers, they are not "paired" with an adjacent stall, meaning you will never have to share that 72 kW with another vehicle.

Nautilus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Fishers SC is only 72kW, while Carmel and every other nearby is 120kW?
The Fishers SC is an urban supercharger, rather than a "standard" supercharger like Carmel.

Urban superchargers are often located in urban parking garages and shopping centers, and have a smaller form factor in order to accommodate these types of spaces. As a result of this more compact design, urban superchargers have a power output of 72 kW... but unlike standard superchargers, they are not "paired" with an adjacent stall, meaning you will never have to share that 72 kW with another vehicle.
I can confirm that the Fishers Supercharger stations are located on the 4th (5th?) floor of a parking garage in Fishers City Center (but located conveniently close to Handel's Ice Cream shop :)). There's also a pair of free J1772 chargers on the ground floor of the same parking garage.

The Carmel superchargers are located in the parking lot of a Meijer store, like so many are in Indiana. I think Tesla probably negotiated a deal with Meijer across parts of the Midwest for supercharger locations.

TI3T

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
^Thanks for providing info about the Indianapolis event! I'm not a Model3 owner yet, but plan on changing that down the road. It would be nice to talk to owners in person and find out how the city does in providing adequate charging infrastructure and the challenges of driving a battery-powered vehicle in a non-tropical climate.

Being on Earth Day I may have to bring the family so we can also check out nearby Holliday Park!

Jeff

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Well...the event was a mixed bag:neutral:. The Indy location had TONS of booths and activities for the kids(my daughter had fun), but I saw ZERO Teslas there. There was an Audi E-tron?, a Leaf, some e-cycles, and an empty Porsche booth(a vendor told me they had ONE electric in the city they were going to bring for this event, but someone just bought it- money talks:oops: and the rep didn't want to be there without a car to show). I didn't even know electric Porsches were out yet!

I was hoping to see some Teslas- and more importantly TALK with owners, but it was still a nice day to get out. I guess this forum is a pretty good place to ask questions anyways;)...

Jeff

JMart

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yeah, I thought there would be a place where EV owners would all park and answer questions about our cars. Still fun, but not exactly what I expected.