Hello from Fort Worth, TX

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi folks - figured I should start spending some time inside the forum and learn as much as I can about the Model 3 and Tesla in general. I reserved my Model 3 the night of the release last year, patiently waiting.

Looking forward to meeting other local members and providing more value to the forum.

Thank you

Kody

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi folks - figured I should start spending some time inside the forum and learn as much as I can about the Model 3 and Tesla in general. I reserved my Model 3 the night of the release last year, patiently waiting.

Looking forward to meeting other local members and providing more value to the forum.

Thank you

Kody
Kody,

Welcome to the Forum, we’re glad to have you. I think you will find this to be a great place to help pass the time. Even better now that a few of our members have Model 3’s already!!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
@Kody Keuter , hearty welcome to our forum, with friendly greetings from across the water from someone who’s been in Texas many, many times, albeit further South! ;)

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey, Kody! We need to have a model 3 meet up when one of our cars finally arrives!

This is a great place to learn about Teslas....and about the kind of people who drive them. ;)

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hey Kody,
Welcome to the forum. I am a new member as well and I live in Fort Worth.

We should use this as the Fort Worth Reservationist's thread to keep track of our deliveries.

My delivery date is supposed to be Nov, 2017 to Jan 2018. Yours?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Kody and Hkao - wondering if you all would add your information to the spreadsheet and keep it up dated once you get invites, etc. I'm in Dallas and added mine, I see Dr. J in there too. More data points we have from the metro area the better we'll be able to speculate once cars start coming our way. See this thread and the link in the first post https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/data-from-the-model-3-invites-spreadsheet.5678/

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Kody and Hkao - wondering if you all would add your information to the spreadsheet and keep it up dated once you get invites, etc. I'm in Dallas and added mine, I see Dr. J in there too. More data points we have from the metro area the better we'll be able to speculate once cars start coming our way. See this thread and the link in the first post https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/data-from-the-model-3-invites-spreadsheet.5678/
I've having a total brain freeze trying to edit my entry for the changed delivery estimates. Maybe you can help? My steps:
1. I followed your link and opened the sheet.
2. I found my username, navigated one cell right ("Click here to edit"), clicked the link and successfully opened a new Chrome window with a popup "Sign in to continue." I click Sign In.
3. I see a form, but it appears not to be editable--I can't successfully activate any of the fields.
4. And I don't understand the instructions I see: "
Open this form again to edit your existing form entry. The data you submitted earlier will be here." How do I do that?

Thanks.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hmmm - not sure. In step 2 did you log in with a google ID? I don't like that they require that now, but they do. Once you log in with a Google ID the form opens and the information from my row in the spreadsheet is populate. It allows me to make updates. I think the key is to log in with a Google ID from what I can see. Otherwise you did exactly what I did.

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hmmm - not sure. In step 2 did you log in with a google ID? I don't like that they require that now, but they do. Once you log in with a Google ID the form opens and the information from my row in the spreadsheet is populate. It allows me to make updates. I think the key is to log in with a Google ID from what I can see. Otherwise you did exactly what I did.
Ah. That's probably it. I'll try that.

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, I didn't get an opportunity for a Google ID login, so I just put comments on the spreadsheet, following the alternative instructions. That should work, though more work for the maintainer of the spreadsheet.

Thanks for your help! That made me see what the problem was, at least.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, I didn't get an opportunity for a Google ID login, so I just put comments on the spreadsheet, following the alternative instructions. That should work, though more work for the maintainer of the spreadsheet.

Thanks for your help! That made me see what the problem was, at least.
I wouldn't feel too bad -- it took me a few tries to update my info, and both of the Model 3 spreadsheets (Estimator and Invites) have been very sluggish and unresponsive today (at least for me), sometimes to the point where they stop filling in calculated cells altogether. :confused:

The first time I tried updating my info in the Invites spreadsheet, I couldn't even find my username (it had been moved to a different worksheet), and even after I used CTRL+F to find it -- multiple times before I was successful, BTW -- clicking the link brought me to an empty version of the form. (I was signed into Google at the time.) After closing and re-opening the sheet, and repeating all of the above, the link next to my username suddenly worked, and brought me to the pre-populated version of the form that I expected.

TL;DR -- Gooooooooooggggllle!!!!!!!

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hey Kody,
Welcome to the forum. I am a new member as well and I live in Fort Worth.

We should use this as the Fort Worth Reservationist's thread to keep track of our deliveries.

My delivery date is supposed to be Nov, 2017 to Jan 2018. Yours?
I got an email stating that my delivery is delayed, assuming others received the same note. Mine is estimating May-July now.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got an email stating that my delivery is delayed, assuming others received the same note. Mine is estimating May-July now.
Everybody's First Production estimates were moved last week after the 4th quarter earnings call when Tesla fessed up to the production problems. Mine went from Dec-Feb to Mar-May. Also, there were changes to estimated times for Dual Motor (sooner in some cases) and Standard Battery (later).

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Everybody's First Production estimates were moved last week after the 4th quarter earnings call when Tesla fessed up to the production problems. Mine went from Dec-Feb to Mar-May. Also, there were changes to estimated times for Dual Motor (sooner in some cases) and Standard Battery (later).
It'll be here before you know it!

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hey, Kody! We need to have a model 3 meet up when one of our cars finally arrives!

This is a great place to learn about Teslas....and about the kind of people who drive them. ;)
I made a closed group on Facebook "DFW Model 3 Owners". I didn't see one that already existed, might be a good way to share information for us DFW folks. I'm assuming there will be a lot in the area, so I figured a FB group would be a good source for folks.