Hello from Connecticut!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got my Absolutely Awesome Model 3 on Thursday May 31, 2018. Amazing car. I drove it to my daughter's in Boston and back on Saturday. No other electric car has this ability - about 300 miles in a day. My only complaint is with the state government of Connecticut which works for the sleazebag auto dealers and not for the people of our great state. I had to pick up my car in New York :( - Nevertheless, the car is everything I wanted and the Tesla staff are very friendly. Please put any fears about the touch pad to rest. Memory muscle is over-rated, and the screen settings are extremely clear and intuitive. I will be going to DC next month and maybe a cross-country drive after that. More later...

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome! What part of CT are you in?
I'm curious what extra things you have to go through to buy out of state. My parents are interested in one soon and wish I could fill them in on the details.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
JWardell: We live in New Haven County. The only two things I did extra were - 1. To see the floor model I had to go to New York City (you could also go to Boston if your parents are in that part of the state). 2. To pick up the car, we had to go to Mt. Kisco in NY which is an hour away by road. If you prefer, the Harlem line train station is 8 minutes from the Tesla dealership, but it was raining and my wife drove me there. One other thing - Connecticut State government is not all bad - I may get an additional $3000 from the CHEAPR program - you can look it up at
www.ct.gov/deep/CHEAPR - This is in addition to the $7500 Federal Credit. Good luck.