Hello from Central FL

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello Fellow Model 3 Owners. Just placed my order yesterday for my Long Range Dual Motor in Midnight Silver Metallic with 19" Sport Wheels and Black interior. This is my first EV, past 3 cars have been 2016 Lexus RC 200T (Hate it), 2013 BMW 328i (Was a good car) and 2008 BMW 335i (Favorite Car to date). My wife currently drives a 2018 Audi A4 Quattro which is a blast to drive, tech and material quality is ridiculously good as well. I almost went with the A5 Sportback but the lure of being a Tesla EV adopter was too great of a draw for me.

My scheduled delivery date is tentatively set for 2nd week of Dec. Can't wait to drive her and will wait until then to name her. Also looking very much to being a part of the Tesla community and discussing all things Tesla Model 3 among other things! I will post pics when she arrives.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome! December will be here before you know it. :)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome to future fellow Florida Midnight Silver Model 3 owner. It’s nice to have you on board!

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
My wife currently drives a 2018 Audi A4 Quattro which is a blast to drive, tech and material quality is ridiculously good as well.
Welcome! And prepare yourself! After acclimatizing to the driving dynamics of the Model 3, your wife's fine driving European sports sedan may very well feel like an overly complicated and slow, disconnected, vibrating, unresponsive bucket of bolts!

I warned you! ;)

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I guess my Model 3 in Central Florida has become a little less rare... :)

Trivia: If you look closely at my forum icon, it's a view of a black Model 3 in the next lane beside my own black Model 3.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome! And prepare yourself! After acclimatizing to the driving dynamics of the Model 3, your wife's fine driving European sports sedan may very well feel like an overly complicated and slow, disconnected, vibrating, unresponsive bucket of bolts!

I warned you! ;)
This had me rolling!! Wifey not so much (On couch next to me just all :mad: :rolleyes:)

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You would have definitely seen me there, I would have been clearly visible from your driver’s seat. The M3 in the mirror was one car back to the right of me.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
UPDATE: My delivery was moved up to today (12/19) at 4... 3 and a half hours to drop off the Lexus 200T at dealership (Lease turn in) and then off to take delivery of my new baby!!!

Don't have to tell any of you just how excited I am in the moment. Savoring the last few hours of anticipation. Will post pics within next couple days maybe after window tint is installed on Saturday!!!

chaunceyg1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Jason, definitely wasn't me, then. :D

Tez, congratulations on the big day! Your love of driving around (sometimes for no reason at all) is about to increase exponentially :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It’s here!!!! Yes Chauncey. Just begged my wife to need something from the store. Took the scenic rout. Tinting on Saturday. Pics to follow.

chaunceyg1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Horray! Enjoy every moment you're sitting behind the wheel, and all those moments you're the passenger when you let other people try it out for the first time. You'll feel the acceleration much more as a passenger, too!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here’s the new wheels. Been a blast so far!!! Rained for the 1st 48 hours or so that I had her so she got plenty filthy. Finally got the chance to give her a wash. 15% ceramic tint was done a couple or days ago..
a72e8344-e257-4d31-b5ec-3f79137d9076-jpeg.19641
02fba66a-b44a-4696-9455-71625770e418-jpeg.19642
723bdfbc-b904-4073-a74b-9aff665559a9-jpeg.19644
028afee4-47ac-4668-8fed-a130177fd9a0-jpeg.19645
71431751-7560-40b2-a84e-b59b821c05b5-jpeg.19646
90660b56-5bbe-4de4-9400-d5cbe6a4b7a5-jpeg.19647
7ad26618-52d3-4e34-8796-9db7976c2c2b-jpeg.19648

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hello all owners, if you owned a "driver's car" before the Model3, or had the 3 for a longer time, please help, I can't find too much info on this.

Could you please comment a bit on the driving dynamics of the Tesla, I'm trying to figure out how precise/predictable the use of pedals is (acceleration and braking), also the precision of the steering wheel. Is the transition to regen quick, smooth, even when the acceleration pedal is abruptly released?
For example, is it easy to keep the car driving at a constant speed, on flat and on an uphill (on a downhill it must be complicated because of regen), is it easy to adjust the speed precisely (and finely I guess) by just using the acceleration pedal? Are there any jerky moments when driving? How fast is the regen cut off when pressing the acceleration pedal again?

With a decent german car, manual gearbox, I can drive very smoothly and precise (if paying attention and being experienced) and I appreciate that aspect (it is almost impossible to drive as nicely with a manual honda civic). Do you think a good driver will notice anything overlooked about the driving dynamics of the Model3? I'm talking about day to day normal driving, not high speed dynamics.

I only had the chance to drive a few EVs (non tesla) for a few minutes each time, got instantly hooked, but I'm a bit worried there hasn't been too much focus on driving dynamics. Not finding too much info on this subject is however a good thing, drivers do not complain about it :)

Thank you!

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
One of the first things I noticed after taking delivery of our LR Model 3 was how little extra I needed to depress the accelerator to maintain the same speed as I entered a steep uphill. It just "torques" right up it, effortlessly. It's the easiest car to maintain a steady speed of any car (even on downhills) with one caveat: The is no engine vibration to clue you in as to how fast you are going, it's smooth as glass so you might find yourself going faster than intended if not paying attention.

As far as smooth with no jerks: It's very easy to drive even more smoothly than any ICE car but you do need to unlearn some old habits. In the Model 3, you basically never "drop" the accelerator when you want to slow down, you feather it back to reach the desired rate of decelleration. It took 5 minutes for me to feel comfortable with it and about 1-2 weeks before I never reverted to my old habit of pulling all the way off the acellerator when I wanted to slow down gradually.

IMO, the "one pedal driving" is a very relaxing, Zen-like, way to drive. Most people who try it never want to go back to an ICE car. My advice: beg borrow or steal a test-drive. Or just buy one, I don't think you can go wrong.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Could you please comment a bit on the driving dynamics of the Tesla
Man, that's a difficult thing to convey in text. But with the low center of gravity, plus all the weight being inside the wheelbase, the driving dynamics are quite exceptional.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tes...erformance-track-mode-release-version-review/

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tes...l-3-dual-motor-performance-quick-test-review/

http://www.xautoworld.com/tesla/model3-snow-rally-story/