Hello From Albany, NY

BaronP3D

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Greetings!

I'm now the proud owner of a beautiful 2018 P3D in Deep Blue Metallic. Going EV was a huge decision for my wife and I, but we are glad and thrilled we did.

I'm originally from the BMW world and my previous daily driver was a heavily modified E92 335i (N54). Pictures here.

Ordered: 24Feb2019, Delivery: 16Mar2019, Mt Kisco, NY.

The car has met all my expectations as far as drivability, convenience, performance, and comfort and cannot wait to begin modifying it, as every car I've ever owned has gotten "the treatment". I went over the car with a fine-toothed comb and was pleased to discover very minimal panel fitment issues, some minor spiderwebbing on the paint, and clear coat etching (probably from bird bombs and what looked like a coffee cup spill on the hood). The good folks at Mt. Kisco offered to rectify my issues by referring me to one of their certified body shops local to me. However, because I'm quite comfortable around a DA polisher, I think I will go ahead and do a quick 2step correction on just the problem areas. I'm extremely pleased with the overall condition and fit and finish of this amazing car!

First on the mod list:
Xpel PPF - full front bumper coverage, headlights, fogs, mirror caps, quarter panels, rocker panels
35% Llumar Ceramic Tint
Coilover suspension - TBD
Spacers

I'm still in the process of learning about this car and its idiosyncracies, but that is always the fun part of ownership.

-Phil

Attachments

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome! :)

Congratulations on your new P3D... Looking forward to seeing it "post-treatment"!

BaronP3D

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not too far away in the Hudson Valley. I hope we can plan a meet up, and you'll have to come down to join us.
Absolutely! I'm originally from Southern California where car culture is huge, so I'm looking forward to meets and drives. I also wonder if folks here are into canyons and would love to take the car on some twisties.

BlueSCS06

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Absolutely! I'm originally from Southern California where car culture is huge, so I'm looking forward to meets and drives. I also wonder if folks here are into canyons and would love to take the car on some twisties.
I am also originally from SoCal as well and used to go to car shows every week, I had a custom painted 2006 Mustang, I definitely miss the cruises through the canyons near Malibu. I have been in Buffalo, NY for the last 9 years and miss the massive shows that I would go to. I have a RWD Long Range Blue Model 3.

TMK26

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm originally from Southern California...
I am also originally from SoCal as well...
I'm trying to think of a reason why someone would move from sunny Southern California to here. :) I think we've had some sort of precipitation for the last 11-12 days! Winter isn't much fun either!

I'm sure Calif has it's downsides (like traffic... lots of traffic; and people... lots of people (one in the same I guess)), but the Northway (I-87) and I-787 during moring and afternoon rush hour(s) isn't all roses and rainbows.

Griff

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

gary in NY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am just reading this, but wouldn't have been able to make it anyway. Did it happen? How was it? I want to come next time.
Yes an no. It was a meet-up of one. However, a Model S from Colorado showed up to charge, and a lady in a Chrysler Pacifica hybrid tried to charge. There was also the usual ICE vehicle that parked in a spot for 10 minutes.

There may not be enough owners in the area who are either members here or at the TOCNYS site, or if they are, they just didn't see the notice. We will give it another try at a later date. F51163CC-2788-4D4B-B5C4-20B836CA5FF2.jpeg