Hello everyone, please help for my master thesis!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hello everyone,

I am investigating on Tesla for my master thesis and I would like to propose you my survey about consumer's perception of the brand Tesla, the relation with it and a membership of a forum. It would be very nice of you, if you are willing to spend 10 minutes of your precious time to fill it out on the link: https://goo.gl/forms/JjywZeMD1hZ09DZ93
Thank you in advance, your contribution would be very important for my research!

Kindly,
Doris

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hello everyone,

I am investigating on Tesla for my master thesis and I would like to propose you my survey about consumer's perception of the brand Tesla, the relation with it and a membership of a forum. It would be very nice of you, if you are willing to spend 10 minutes of your precious time to fill it out on the link: https://goo.gl/forms/JjywZeMD1hZ09DZ93
Thank you in advance, your contribution would be very important for my research!

Kindly,
Doris
M3OC friends, please devote this little bit of time providing valuable input to this research by a young Italian compatit of mine. I’ll also make sure Doris publishes summary of key findings when done!

Thanks a bunch, folks!

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That is a good point. Some places 1 is best, others 5 is best.
I have a background in Marketing.

It would be best to read

1..... 2.......3........4.........5
Low...............................High

(.... added since page omits spaces)

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Done, good luck. I don't see any focus on safety, which is another important factor to many of us (cabin overheat protection, safety features such as EAP, crash rating).

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Done.

I know it makes for more difficult to reconcile data but I wish several of those questions had a “none of the above” or “does not apply” option. Having to choose an answer in a case where I don’t agree with the stated premise felt like having to pick the least wrong answer in a multiple choice test; or a tricky lawyer question like “when did you stop beating your spouse?”

For example, I personally feel that the Tesla mission is often conflated with the cult of Elon and, while I believe he believes in many (if not all) of the same things, it is against my nature to raise any individual up in such a way as was stated in the preamble to certain questions.

Good luck on the thesis!

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
That is a good point. Some places 1 is best, others 5 is best.
I have a background in Marketing.

It would be best to read

1..... 2.......3........4.........5
Low...............................High

(.... added since page omits spaces)
That's exactly the way it must be read! :)
Thanks

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Done, good luck. I don't see any focus on safety, which is another important factor to many of us (cabin overheat protection, safety features such as EAP, crash rating).
Thanks for your point! Actually this research focus more on other aspects related to marketing and the perception of the brand. If your point is negative, I hope you put it into the complaints!

Thank you very much! :)

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Done.

I know it makes for more difficult to reconcile data but I wish several of those questions had a “none of the above” or “does not apply” option. Having to choose an answer in a case where I don’t agree with the stated premise felt like having to pick the least wrong answer in a multiple choice test; or a tricky lawyer question like “when did you stop beating your spouse?”

For example, I personally feel that the Tesla mission is often conflated with the cult of Elon and, while I believe he believes in many (if not all) of the same things, it is against my nature to raise any individual up in such a way as was stated in the preamble to certain questions.

Good luck on the thesis!
Thanks for your point! The survey has been structured in a strategic way by making reference to previous studies made by analysts and experts. If you do not agree with all the affirmations it is fine! In fact, my point is to find out how exactly you perceive the brand that cannot be necessarily similar to mine points. Thanks for specifying it! I will keep it in mind! :)

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Whether or not the possession of a Tesla, the sharing of the values and Elon Musk's mission is defined as a real cult. Specify how deeply you agree with the following affirmation
Confusing wording. There is no "following" affirmation, only something that came before it. What came before it isn't a complete thought. And when asked whether you agree with an affirmation, it generally starts with "I ...."

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Confusing wording. There is no "following" affirmation, only something that came before it. What came before it isn't a complete thought. And when asked whether you agree with an affirmation, it generally starts with "I ...."
Probably is a cross-cultural problem. Usually I am more implicit rather than explicit. So sorry about confusing you!
I corrected the term "following" you are right. For the rest I do not completely agree with you.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Probably is a cross-cultural problem. Usually I am more implicit rather than explicit. So sorry about confusing you!
I corrected the term "following" you are right. For the rest I do not completely agree with you.
Trust me, that is not correct English. You can't say "Do you agree with a statement" that starts with "Whether or not" and isn't a complete sentence. "Whether or not" at the start of a sentence introduces an independent clause, of the form "Whether or not (Subject) (Verb) (Predicate), (Independent clause)". The independent clause is required; you can't omit it and still have it make sense. "Whether or not" is equivalent to "regardless of". You're asking if people agree with the statement "Regardless of A, B, and C". That's not grammatically parsable. What is regardless of A, B and C? Whether or not A, B and C, what? "Whether or not" is like writing "the things I'm about to write don't matter, only the independent clause matters". Except you have no independent clause.

Valid: "Whether or not Sue comes with me, I'm going to the store."
Invalid: "Whether or not Sue comes with me."

And even once you correct that and add an independent clause, it's still not grammatically correct. In this case, A is "the possession of a Tesla", B is "the sharing of the values", and C is "Elon Musk's mission is defined as a real cult". Or alternatively we can read it as A being "the possession of a Tesla is defined as a real cult", B is "the sharing of the values is defined as a real cult", and C is "Elon Musk's mission is defined as a real cult". Neither of them work. In the first example, A and B are incomplete; they have no verb and predicate. In the second example, since the verb and predicate are designed to apply to multiple subjects (A, B and C), the verb should be "are", not "is"

And even then there's still some issues remaining, but I've gone on about this enough. Trust me, that's not valid English. I had to guess at what you meant. What I think you were trying to ask is, "Do you believe that owning a Tesla and sharing Elon's values and missions can be defined as a cult?" But what you wrote is not equivalent to that.

Last edited: