Hello Austin TX M3 Owners

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello Everyone. This is the best forums I have found for Model 3 and Tesla in general.
Been watching literally all the Teslas we see on the road. My boys are fans too now.

Spotted a Model3 in SouthWest Austin once. Looking at, I knew I made the right decision, reserving mine on the first day. Its a beauty.

Any M3 owners in Austin willing to show off your car? Just got my invite to design.

Last edited:

James K.

Hello Everyone. This is the best forums I have found for Model 3 and Tesla in general.
Been watching literally all the Teslas we see on the road. My boys are fans too now.

Spotted a Model3 in SouthWest Austin once. Looking at, I knew I made the right decision, reserving mine on the first day. Its a beauty.

Any M3 owners in Austin willing to show off your car? Just got my invite to design.
Got my invite to design last Friday as well, and now I can't get any work done because I'm either reading TOO threads about awesome the car is or watching my phone waiting for my soon-to-be-identified Tesla rep to call. I'm gonna be a total mess when I actually find out when delivery is scheduled and during the days leading up to that date....

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got my invite to design last Friday as well, and now I can't get any work done because I'm either reading M3OC threads about awesome the car is or watching my phone waiting for my soon-to-be-identified Tesla rep to call. I'm gonna be a total mess when I actually find out when delivery is scheduled and during the days leading up to that date....
That makes two of us. Welcome!

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got my first ISA contact today (5/21). I quickly completed all the info.

Since, I am doing LightStream (already have the cash from them) and have no Trade-in, my delivery profile has been complete for a long time.

ISA then tells me, that we might have moved too fast on it, as the car is still showing as "In production". He did go ahead and put my paperwork through, which caused the "Final Payment" to show up in my Tesla account.

Says, Final Amount after tax and fees to be $59,772.25
Did other TX owners with Aero wheels and non-black paint have the same amount ?

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey There Austinites M3 owners!

Checking if anyone has had their car wrapped and/or tinted. Any recommendations in Austin?
Trying to do my research a little early on.

PandaM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While visiting my sister in Austin, spotted a white Model 3 in charging in her apartment complex on rainy street with the chrome delete and blacked out wheels looking just like mine back in SoCal:)

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Apologies to the driver of the red Model3 yesterday in Cedar Park.
I was so happy to see another 3 all I could do was point, wave and grin as I drove past :D
The same morning saw a more relaxed exchange with the bearded driver of a white nosecone S, he gave the Tesla Nod(tm)

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Apologies to the driver of the red Model3 yesterday in Cedar Park.
I was so happy to see another 3 all I could do was point, wave and grin as I drove past :D
The same morning saw a more relaxed exchange with the bearded driver of a white nosecone S, he gave the Tesla Nod(tm)
Tesla Nod -- this one ? :D

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey There Austinites M3 owners!

Checking if anyone has had their car wrapped and/or tinted. Any recommendations in Austin?
Trying to do my research a little early on.
Try Austin Detailing. Our family just got their 3 and had the car PFFed and tinted there and they were super happy with the work. This shop does ~10 Tesla’s a week from what I’ve been told.

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Try Austin Detailing. Our family just got their 3 and had the car PFFed and tinted there and they were super happy with the work. This shop does ~10 Tesla’s a week from what I’ve been told.
Wow. Thanks @Maevra !! Being in Bay Area, you keep this level details about Austin :)

brobison

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all.

I just got my invitation to configure today ( Reserved 11 Mar 2017)! I don't want to wait too long and there aren't that many decisions to make -- but I was really hoping to see/sit in a Model 3 before 100% committing. I'm in San Antonio, but get up to Austin fairly often. I'm looking for someone that might be willing to give me a quick peek sometime soon. How many Model 3's have made it to Austin? I think I've heard about a couple in this forum, none in San Antonio that I've noticed...

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all.

I just got my invitation to configure today ( Reserved 11 Mar 2017)! I don't want to wait too long and there aren't that many decisions to make -- but I was really hoping to see/sit in a Model 3 before 100% committing. I'm in San Antonio, but get up to Austin fairly often. I'm looking for someone that might be willing to give me a quick peek sometime soon. How many Model 3's have made it to Austin? I think I've heard about a couple in this forum, none in San Antonio that I've noticed...
@brobison I have my car in for tint and wrap and due to get it back next week. If you haven't had a opportunity to get a drive till then, we can meet. I'm in Austin.

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Hi all.

I might be able to show you my car too. We would have to play it by ear. My car will be going back in for service on July 3rd and I don't know when I'll get it back. Hopefully it will only be in for a day or 2. Anyway I think the Model 3 deliveries in Austin is probably close to several hundred. I know of 4 in my company who already have theirs. I know my detailer has already ceramic coated close to 100 and I isn't doing all of them.

brobison

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@ummgood, @sjcsale -- Thanks. I will likely be in contact when I know I'm headed up to Austin next. I just configured my vehicle:
Deep Blue, LR RWD, 18" Aero - Premium Blk Inter, Reserve: 11 Mar 2017, Invite: 28 Jun 2018, Config: 29 Jun 2018

I appreciate the offer and hope to take one of you up on it soon. One thing I'd like to get a better feeling about, which I usually do by sitting in a car, is how easy is it to see your "blind spot"? I'm a driver who still turns my head to check that when I change lanes, etc -- and I'm fairly tall -- and some vehicles have ver small rear-seat windows that often make it hard to have an effective quick glance. From everything else I'm hearing most folks really are liking the vehicle. I just hope it is a good 'fit' for me (and my wife, since technical it will be her car) and we both like to have good visibility.

Last edited:

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
@ummgood, @sjcsale -- Thanks. I will likely be in contact when I know I'm headed up to Austin next. I just configured my vehicle:
Deep Blue, LR RWD, 18" Aero - Premium Blk Inter, Reserve: 11 Mar 2017, Invite: 28 Jun 2018, Config: 29 Jun 2018

I appreciate the offer and hope to take one of you up on it soon. One thing I'd like to get a better feeling about, which I usually do by sitting in a car, is how easy is it to see your "blind spot"? I'm a driver who still turns my head to check that when I change lanes, etc -- and I'm fairly tall -- and some vehicles have ver small rear-seat windows that often make it hard to have an effective quick glance. From everything else I'm hearing most folks really are liking the vehicle. I just hope it is a good 'fit' for me (and my wife, since technical it will be her car) and we both like to have good visibility.
I am pretty tall (6'3") and I find the sides really easy to see out of. The back is more difficult but it is adequate. The backup camera makes up for the difficulty seeing out the back. Another option you don't have on other cars is you can turn on the backup camera pretty quick if you can't see the blind spot enough for your liking. You don't have to have the car in reverse to turn it on. The button is very close to the wheel and is always available (unless you have your trip meter card open). Personally I am hoping they get blind spot monitoring to work more like my wife's car where you have a beep if someone is in your blind spot and you turn on your turn signals.