Hello All, from the Quad Cities (Iowa/Illinois border)

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good day all,

I've posted a few replies but haven't created a thread or introduced myself. First off, forgive the silly name...years ago I picked it as a "funny" gamer tag and it seems to just have stuck with me to adulthood. If offensive, read it like "loves word" instead and it instantly becomes way better (and gets around game mods who crack down on things if that nature!). Truly though, I make it a very strong goal of mine to never be an actual "Lovesword" to anyone. Life is too short and can be too stressful as it is. My thoughts are "why make anyone else's day harder by being a jerk?" I've been enjoying the community here as there seems to be a lot of respect and enjoyment between all members. It can be so disheartening to work alll day, come home to read excitedly about any news or see new pics only to see silly bickering that can happen on forums due to trolls and keyboard tough guys. Anyway...

On to much more important things, Tesla!!! I'm a 4/1/16 online reservation holder for the Model 3 (I was too nervous/anxious to pull the trigger "sight unseen", man was that dumb!) with a delivery window of Feb-Apr 2018. I plan to get the 19" sport wheels, LR, EAP, PUP version because I just don't want to wait. I've never owned a rear wheel drive car but don't think that'll be an issue, the weight distribution of 48/52 is so balanced I can't forsee any issues, even in the winters we get here. I'm currently using a 2012 Kia Optima, which has been a good car for me. I'm in a win/win situation because my Kia might be called upon for one more winter OR....

Apparently talking nonstop about Tesla to your wife can get them interested in the vehicle too. Having never even sat in a Tesla while holding a reservation for what will be the most expensive vehicle I've owned, I bothered a random (extremely friendly) gentlemen who had just parked at our local SuperCharger and was walking into the grocery store. Turned out we work at the same place (it's big, we would have never crossed paths) and ended up going to lunch later that week. He drove, of course! He's a super enthusiastic Tesla supporter that's been a wealth of knowledge for me as we stay in touch. Tesla bringing strangers together!!! With the experience of being a passenger under my belt, I asked my wife if we could go to Westmont, Illinois to visit the Tesla shop there and take a test drive. She was, of course, down for that...especially since we made a day of it and went for dinner at Fogo de Chão in Naperville :)
Our experience there was perfect. There isn't another word for it. Perfect. I drove a Model S 75, picked because it would be "close" to the feel of my car. We were able to get it up to speed a few times, traversed a winding road to feel the cars responsiveness, and even engaged autopilot for short spells. As we got back to the Tesla parking lot, I said "do you want to drive, babe?" (You all know where this is going by now I'm sure)... after a brief reluctance, she decided to give it a go. I believe it was during that drive that something switched inside of her and she was suddenly on my level of enthusiasm for Tesla. We came home and I saw her reading articles, looking at pictures, configuring on Tesla's website!!! Then, she pulled the trigger and ordered! She got a Model S 75D with EAP and PUP. We picked it up September 30th and have been loving it and every drive that we take.

Not lost on me, and the reason for my "OR" from earlier, is that this will likely move my dates from Feb-Apr to something sooner. I'm all for that! But the truth is that I can wait happily (though anxiously) as they hammer out any/all bugs and issues and get to the level of build quality I expect. If, even as an owner now, I still get a delivery window the same as my original, that will be ok (not my first, desired choice...but ok, lol).

In the meantime, I've had two very nice electricians out to my house to install a 240v outlet in the garage. They did a great job, and kept everything in the walls. I got to looking at it and decided I needed to paint and decorate, so I ended up with this (picture attached!). I think this is a good place to stop as this is getting quite long and really might be too much. Looking forward to reading more, seeing more pics and enjoying conversations and content.

TL; DR: hi everyone! ;)

Edit: spelling

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
img_3836-jpg.3809

Edit: Larger of the two decals in my garage. The smaller is around the 14-50 plug :D
Posting here to show a fellow Tesla fan a good size comparison.

EDIT 2: Purchased on Amazon.

Last edited:

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

JohnMon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m not, but now I must google... hey, that’s pretty neat, their website looks kind of dated but the aircraft is cool! Well, if I actually found the right one. http://www.quadcitychallenger.com/
Yes, that's it. I'm building one (the Challenger XL65) in my garage right now. I'm hoping to finish it by the time I get my 3 so I can park it in the garage, but am not sure if I'll make it in time, not with my scheduled delivery having been advanced.

I think I'm accumulating too many toys. :D

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, that's it. I'm building one (the Challenger XL65) in my garage right now. I'm hoping to finish it by the time I get my 3 so I can park it in the garage, but am not sure if I'll make it in time, not with my scheduled delivery having been advanced.

I think I'm accumulating too many toys. :D
Too many?! NONSENSE! ... You've only got land and air covered. What about by sea!! ;)

We have a guy who must live locally and take of from a local airfield and flies above our houses and does tricks. We can always tell it's him by the sounds of his plane and we've nicknamed him (rather lazily) "stuntman" ... I find it cool to watch, but also wonder if it's legal to be doing barrel rolls and loops above full subdivisions! LOL!

JohnMon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Too many?! NONSENSE! ... You've only got land and air covered. What about by sea!! ;)

We have a guy who must live locally and take of from a local airfield and flies above our houses and does tricks. We can always tell it's him by the sounds of his plane and we've nicknamed him (rather lazily) "stuntman" ... I find it cool to watch, but also wonder if it's legal to be doing barrel rolls and loops above full subdivisions! LOL!
Hahaha, I also have two small boats (16ft) at the cottage, so at least fresh water is covered but not sea.

Those barrel rolls would definitely be illegal on any ultralight. Stunts of any sort are prohibited. At least in Canada they are and I think it's the same in the US, but not entirely sure.

I'm not sure of the forum etiquette for having an off-topic conversation on a thread, might get in trouble here. Still, it's been fun chatting with you. I think I'll finally put in an avatar and make it something to do with the Challenger.