Heated seats observations...

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
  1. They have a memory. Have heated seats on, get out, lock car, walk away, come back to car, get in, and they’re already on!
My car has heated seat memory, as a by-product of using a rocker switch.

My wife's car has heated seats without memory (push-button switch). You have to turn it on each time.

I actually prefer that it doesn't remember the last setting. There have been a few times where I left the passenger seat (or worse - the rear seat) heater on for who knows how many days, because I didn't notice that someone had turned it on the last time I had passengers.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My car has heated seat memory, as a by-product of using a rocker switch.

My wife's car has heated seats without memory (push-button switch). You have to turn it on each time.

I actually prefer that it doesn't remember the last setting. There have been a few times where I left the passenger seat (or worse - the rear seat) heater on for who knows how many days, because I didn't notice that someone had turned it on the last time I had passengers.
My previous car didn’t have this. Funny, I put an exclamation point but I’m not sure I like this. The car is assuming I still want heated seats on and I may not. Given how fast they warm up I would prefer they weren’t automatically on.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just a few quick observations on the heated seats.

1. They get warm fast!
  2. They have a memory. Have heated seats on, get out, lock car, walk away, come back to car, get in, and they’re already on!
I'll add my own, quick observations.
- The symbol looks like BACON!
- I decide how much bacon I want and the more bacon I want means the more warmth!!!
- Therefore BACON = WARMTH!

Last edited:

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ll apologize now to everyone, who will not be be able to now unsee the bacon.

Forever. Bacon.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ll apologize now to everyone, who will not be be able to now unsee the bacon.
Forever. Bacon.
I accept your apology and appreciate that you have preempted my need to complain about not being able to un-see the bacon. Although here I am replying anyway. As my bacon cravings go parabolic. :eek:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I'll add my own, quick observations.
- They symbol looks like BACON!
- I decide how much bacon I want and the more bacon I want means the more warmth!!!
- Therefore BACON = WARMTH!
@Lovesword,

My kids will LOVE this! Lol....they Looooooooove Bacon....though we don’t eat it frequently! Tho if I actually ‘TELL” them this I not only will ‘never be able to UNSEE Bacon’......l’ll never hear the end of it!!! :) Lol

Ski

Last edited:

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Lovesword,

My kids will LOVE this! Lol....they Looooooooove Bacon....though we don’t eat it frequently! Tho if I actually ‘TELL” them this I not only will ‘never be able to UNSEE Bacon....I’ll never hear the end of it”!!! :) Lol

Ski
I used the joke on my wife earlier this week. She got in my car yesterday, picking her up from the airport, and she says "I need bacon" and turns on her seat heater!

It BEGINS!!!!!!

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
My daughter wants Tesla to turn on the rear seat bacon by the time we get our Model 3! WHAT#!!There's a Sushi emoji but no BACON$%#$%$
@Brokedoc,

‘WHAT#!!There's a Sushi emoji but no BACON$%#$%$’......

“Sacrilege”!!!:cool:

Tho My Daughter LOVES Sushi...Son, not so much!:eek:

Ski

m3_4_wifey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've heard people turn on your co-pilots heated seat before they figured out why they were getting hot. Then people wised up and would swap the controls so that when you turned someone else's seat, you were actually turning your own seat on.
I'd like to see a software update where you select the bacon button, and it pop's open the glove compartment with sizzling hot bacon inside. ;)