Heated camera picture

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
First time here, though I saw it on the Google Share.

Very cool — granted I’ll never see it in person in Florida ;)
What if you drive your Midnight Silver beauty up North and Winter has Come... :D

Poobah

Country
Country
:flushed:Imagine when FSD or even parking lot summon become activated and we see cars driving around with completely blocked windows like this! :screamcat:
Unfortunately, I see many idiot drivers doing this without FSD. :eek:

To be fair, they clear the front windshield, but sometimes only the drivers side. Not the rear, sides, headlights, taillights, and certainly not the roof. They basically look like a giant igloo driving down the road!

I try to keep them in front of me, at a distance, so I'M in control. Inevitably, a sheet of snow/ice will flip off the roof and bury the car the car directly behind them.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, a snowy day in British Columbia, Tesla covered in snow outside, but, right where that little camera is, there is a melted spot surrounding the camera. Suggests power to that spot and warmth. Has this been noticed by any other members, and do you think I should worry about it?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, a snowy day in British Columbia, Tesla covered in snow outside, but, right where that little camera is, there is a melted spot surrounding the camera. Suggests power to that spot and warmth. Has this been noticed by any other members, and do you think I should worry about it?
All of the exterior cameras have heaters. This is normal.