Heat not working

TOpsal

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone have any useful :) suggestions? I've had my Model 3 AWD since September and have had zero issues. Drove the car this Saturday and everything was working normally. I've tried rebooting the console but that didn't fix the fan not running. I tried turning the defrost on and the red icons light up on the console but no heat from the vents and no fan. The heated seats are working. Had to drive into work with the driver's window down to prevent the windows from fogging up (it's about -10C right now). I would expect an error message if something was malfunctioning.

Tried calling Tesla Support but the automated message suggests that I call back during non-holiday hours. I've logged into my Tesla account and left a message with support so hopefully the will get back to me this morning.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone have any useful :) suggestions? I've had my Model 3 AWD since September and have had zero issues. Drove the car this Saturday and everything was working normally. I've tried rebooting the console but that didn't fix the fan not running. I tried turning the defrost on and the red icons light up on the console but no heat from the vents and no fan. The heated seats are working. Had to drive into work with the driver's window down to prevent the windows from fogging up (it's about -10C right now). I would expect an error message if something was malfunctioning.

Tried calling Tesla Support but the automated message suggests that I call back during non-holiday hours. I've logged into my Tesla account and left a message with support so hopefully the will get back to me this morning.
you an also try a full power down restart. Go to the Safety/Security tab, and it is an option there. It takes just slightly longer to restart than the tw-button restart, but does shutdown more than just the screen's computer. When done, the car powers back up when you press the brake.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

If you’re planning to use car, which is most likely the case, I’d skip the support call and go right to roadside assistance. It’s more for issues that are keeping you from using your vehicle to go anywhere...but honestly if it’s cold out (and it likely is) than your issue fits the bill.

TOpsal

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that as well. Left it powered off for about 5 minutes, pressed the brake and it's still the same. I guess I could try the reset to factory default but I'd like to wait until I hear from Tesla support. I've booked an appointment with service later next week. I was hoping they could download the logs and figure out what is wrong.

Tyler

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that as well. Left it powered off for about 5 minutes, pressed the brake and it's still the same. I guess I could try the reset to factory default but I'd like to wait until I hear from Tesla support. I've booked an appointment with service later next week. I was hoping they could download the logs and figure out what is wrong.

Tyler
I would not do a factory reset. That would just clear out your info/home/work address/phone BT/profiles/etc. But not impact the mechanics of the car.
If a power down didn't make a difference, likely the fan power connector came loose or the fan itself needs to be replaced more than a software related issue.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had that issue once, and the next time I drove after parking it came back. SC pushed a new firmware and it's never happened since. Do you have an old firmware?