Headlights/taillights flash when sleeping

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
My M3 head/tail lights is still is flashing quickly while sleeping, even after upgrade to 2018.4.9.
Is anyone else seeing same problem? It keeps setting off the motion alert in my garage webcam.

Here’s a video showing M3 having a nightmare while big brother MS is sleeping quietly next to it.

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
And after the 2018.4.9 upgrade, my cabin lights (front/back) are now coming on for 1 sec, of for 1 sec, on 1 sec, off 1 sec. I rebooted and it didn’t fix the problem. I called support and they pulled and noted the time in my log file. Is this Elon’s Easter egg? I now have blinking lights like MX! Sure I can’t control it, but that’s just minor details.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My M3 head/tail lights is still is flashing quickly while sleeping, even after upgrade to 2018.4.9.
Is anyone else seeing same problem? It keeps setting off the motion alert in my garage webcam.

Here’s a video showing M3 having a nightmare while big brother MS is sleeping quietly next to it.
Saw this for the first time yesterday on 4.9 when I was in the garage. Didn't know if it was cause I doing stuff and was in the car several times or what. But I upgraded to 10.5 last night and will watch it this morning as I will be out there working

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
After upgrading to 2018.10.5 it seems to have picked up a bad habit. Now in addition to flash, the fog lights come on. I don’t know how long since it stopped recording due to no further motion.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After upgrading to 2018.10.5 it seems to have picked up a bad habit. Now in addition to flash, the fog lights come on. I don’t know how long since it stopped recording due to no further motion.

OK, now that's weird. I assume you did a reset, not that that would reset anything but the screen....have you called Tesla?

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Luxman, I have the exact same config/color as yours. My VIN is 46xx and I got it 1/23/18.
This happened at 4:26am. I was asleep. I just remember that it was plugged in charging since 23:07 the night before. Charging was completed at 02:10, but I think M3 keep topping off the charge, unlike MS. I say this because the phone app constantly get alerts on saying Charging Completed, (they need to fix this and mute subsequent alerts on the same charging session)

Looking at the alerts, they don't match up with the times when the fog lights come on. I want to do more testing on my own before calling this one in. I was just hoping to find others with garage webcams so I can see if this is a fleet thing or just this car. More to follow.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Just found out the lights only flash when I’m plugged in. I believe M3 keeps walking up to top off the charge after it completes charging. I constantly get charging is complete notification on my app. I think the flashes are it’s way of saying “good morning, I’m done with breakfast”. I just have to see if the flashes correspond to the notices.