Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Have you been pulled over for bad lane change / weaving while on NOA?

• No

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • Yes, and I got a ticket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I explained that my car was driving and got no ticket

Votes: 1 3.8%

Have you been pulled over whie on NOA?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  MelindaV 
#1 ·
A couple times Mr. Spacely has weaved or made a sloppy lane change which may have looked like a drunk driver. I haven't been pulled over but wonder if others have...

#2 ·
Slightly different situation...I was driving near West Yellowstone in TACC. I have my cruise set to relative at +9mph. Entering a smallish town, neither the car nor I noticed a 10mph speed limit reduction, that resulted in me travelling at 19mph over the limit for a short time. Long enough, unfortunately, for the blue lights to appear.

I agreed with the officer that I was speeding and explained that it was my car's fault(damn you car!). He ran my license and let me go. This was the first time in 40+ years that I got out of a ticket(thank you car!).

#10 ·
Well, I may be splitting hairs a bit, but the 5mph limit should only apply when autosteer is enabled, not with TACC alone. TACC can slow temporarily for curves, exits, and interchanges, but I don't think it ever slows for speed limit changes.

Like @MelindaV I have some roads with incorrect speed limits. Speed limit is 45 but car thinks it's 30. I can set TACC to 55 and it's fine with that, but if I enable autosteer then it slows to 35.

#8 ·
since my commute home, in an area of 50MPH, there is a ½ mile stretch the screen shows 70MPH (obviously an error). Traffic normally is significantly slower than 50MPH anyway, but if there was no traffic, and it automatically bumped up when it thought it was entering a higher speed limit, mis-categorized areas like this could be a liability for Tesla.

#7 ·
No Ticket, but did get pulled over...

In Florida, there is a new MOVE OVER LAW..... I was driving on the turnpike in the left hand lane.....

I wasn't paying attention and I was apparently blocking the lane for those wanting to pass.....

Car continued in the left lane, not moving back over to the right lane although it was empty...

Cop pulled me over..... No ticket just a verbal

#13 ·
My experience @MelindaV, is that on a road where TACC with lane keep is engaged and your speed is limited to +5mph, the car will increase and decrease it's speed to +5 over the current registered speed limit as long as you have approved a speed at least that great in your current leg. Maybe more clearly, if you have previously(in this leg), allowed the car on TACC(with lane keep) to travel at 70 mph, it will increase and decrease it's speed to 5 mph over it's perceived speed limit up to the 70 mph that you previously allowed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.