Have not received promised Supercharger credits

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok, I made that sound a bit dramatic, but I was promised a $100 supercharger credit when I bought my model 3 in late September, almost four months ago, in exchange for moving my delivery to a date that was more convenient for them. I have a home charger and hadn't got around to using a supercharger until last week, when I discovered that.. No! They didn't give me the $100 credit. In fact my credit is a big fat $0, and my session was charged to my credit card.
I contacted Tesla about this via CustomerSupport@Tesla.com.. a week later, no reply. I then contacted the delivery agent who offered me the credit.. also no reply after a week.
So, has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you solve it? I know it's not a fortune we're talking about here, but I do feel that Tesla, like any company, should live up to promises made to its customers.

Karl Sun

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok, I made that sound a bit dramatic, but I was promised a $100 supercharger credit when I bought my model 3 in late September, almost four months ago, in exchange for moving my delivery to a date that was more convenient for them. I have a home charger and hadn't got around to using a supercharger until last week, when I discovered that.. No! They didn't give me the $100 credit. In fact my credit is a big fat $0, and my session was charged to my credit card.
I contacted Tesla about this via CustomerSupport@Tesla.com.. a week later, no reply. I then contacted the delivery agent who offered me the credit.. also no reply after a week.
So, has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you solve it? I know it's not a fortune we're talking about here, but I do feel that Tesla, like any company, should live up to promises made to its customers.
No response from anyone at Tesla is the norm . If you do mnaage to actually reach a real person (my experience has shown) that person won't be the one that can do anything about your issue(s). They will tell you to contact someone else - that will never answer their phone or email back.

This is the real-life effect of not having dealerships. Tesla is NOT in the customer service business.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
No response from anyone at Tesla is the norm . If you do mnaage to actually reach a real person (my experience has shown) that person won't be the one that can do anything about your issue(s). They will tell you to contact someone else - that will never answer their phone or email back.

This is the real-life effect of not having dealerships. Tesla is NOT in the customer service business.
No doubt Tesla has some challenges in the customer service department but saying it's because they lack a franchise dealership model is totally incorrect. Dealers mess up plenty too.

OP is best to call Tesla customer along with an email explaining the situation in a polite fashion. OP should also know that referral credits given to to buyers is a manual process and you could encounter Supercharging fees in your account until such credits are actually applied. I've had plenty of reports of Supercharging not being added to accounts and accumulating fees only to find them reversed when Tesla got around to fixing their accounts. It even happened to me!

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In my experience, the key to getting a helpful response out of Tesla is to be both patient and persistent. You need patience because Tesla's customer service division is [still] understaffed/under-trained compared to the volume of incoming requests, and they may take a while to get to yours. You need persistence because Tesla does not have automated (or consistent) internal processes in place to handle special cases like yours (essentially an ad-hoc supercharging credit), which increases the odds that your request will fall through the cracks if you do not persistently follow up on it.

My advice would be to continue use all available avenues of communication -- as you have been doing -- to reiterate your case at least once a week until the matter is resolved. Be polite and patient. Once you have the correct person's attention, they will be able to credit your account within minutes. The challenge (regrettably) is finding a way to route your request to that person.

Good luck!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OP should also know that referral credits given to to buyers is a manual process and you could encounter Supercharging fees in your account until such credits are actually applied.
this wasn't a referral, but a "here's some free credits for your inconvenience" supercharger credits. (which, shouldn't most everyone who had a September delivery get that? was there anyone who actually had delivery that wasn't bumped multiple times?)

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
No doubt Tesla has some challenges in the customer service department but saying it's because they lack a franchise dealership model is totally incorrect. Dealers mess up plenty.
Totally agree. I in no way wish I had competing Tesla dealerships. I don’t have any particularly positive experiences with any automotive dealership. They’ve never gone to bat for me.

In my experience, the key to getting a helpful response out of Tesla is to be both patient and persistent.
That is also my motto with Tesla although I have to say it is sometimes hard. I’ve been working since the end of September to get a promised $1k refund and have yet to even get a status on it. I think they wouldn’t need as many people if they could handle the problem the first time. A dozen emails and phone calls on one issue isn’t good for anyone. Excuse while I go call again....

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Having dealerships would exacerbate the problem. My girlfriend's Mustang had an issue. The dealership said to contact Ford since it was their issue. Ford said it was a dealership issue. The finger pointing was ridiculous. I NEVER want Tesla dealerships. That said, current Tesla customer service nationally is a disaster. My local service center is awesome. The national people are horrible. I am hoping it is just growing pains. Hopefully Musk will watch the latest Like Tesla video.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My delivery was scheduled and completed on the same day. August 24 2018.
August was organized (with VINs assigned before delivery was scheduled), September was the opposite. Schedule delivery then them scramble to find a matching car. If there weren't any readily available they would reschedule delivery and the same thing would happen the next week. Rinse/Repeat

Toadmanor

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
August was organized (with VINs assigned before delivery was scheduled), September was the opposite. Schedule delivery then them scramble to find a matching car. If there weren't any readily available they would reschedule delivery and the same thing would happen the next week. Rinse/Repeat

Oh OK

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
this wasn't a referral, but a "here's some free credits for your inconvenience" supercharger credits. (which, shouldn't most everyone who had a September delivery get that? was there anyone who actually had delivery that wasn't bumped multiple times?)
Ducks ;)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I sent a followup email to Tesla this morning about not receiving my Supercharger credit and got the following response;

CustomerSupport@tesla.com
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.