Has Tesla given anyone else OCD except for me !

Jasper

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Short story long, I'm sure I can't be the only one that thinks about having a Tesla all day long and that's mostly all what I think about.
I never could afford a Model S and have been in love with Tesla since they started. Then when the announcement of the Model 3 at 35k and the federal rebate finally made it in the realm of becoming a reality.

I waited in line for several hours almost 2.5 years ago like thousands of others did. Then when it was finally able to purchase there was no way I could afford the LR and PUP that was being offered. I though of everything possible of a way to be able to get one but it's just too far out of my reach. The $7,500 rebate ending at the end of the year and going to $3,750 isn't that big of a deal to me since I can only take advantage of half of it anyways.

I know that a normal person would acknowledge that they cannot afford it and move on, BUT I want one so very bad that I can't think of much anything else. It's already affected my personal life as that's all I talk about.

Last edited:

Jasper

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Ha, that's awesome. Thanks for the laugh :)
I got to finally drive one last weekend and after that the OCD is really bad now.
Oh well, all I can do is sit and hope that someday I'll be in the elite club of Tesla owners.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Ha, that's awesome. Thanks for the laugh :)
I got to finally drive one last weekend and after that the OCD is really bad now.
Oh well, all I can do is sit and hope that someday I'll be in the elite club of Tesla owners.
Scrimp and save, cut back on monthly expenses, stop wasting as much gasoline with needless trips, figure out ways to keep monthly utility bills low, cancel subscriptions to crappy programming, go to night school to make you more valuable to employers, rob a bank, wait, scratch that last one, invest your savings, dream positively and you will get there. The Model 3 provides more bang per buck than any car I've ever purchased.

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't sleep much these days. Keep thinking non-stop about everything. HPWC or NEMA 14-50. Where in the garage will the charging go? Will I get my VIN tomorrow? Will my car be acceptable to me? If it's not, how much longer will I have to wait for them to fix it up until it is? Will I be able to survive a week without it when I drop it off to get PPF/tint straight from delivery? Will I be able to sell my modded car it's replacing? How much will insurance be? I need a winter snow/tire setup for the bigger rotors. The first ding/dent is going to suck!

See. You're not the only one. :confused:

Jasper

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Scrimp and save, cut back on monthly expenses, stop wasting as much gasoline with needless trips, figure out ways to keep monthly utility bills low, cancel subscriptions to crappy programming, go to night school to make you more valuable to employers, rob a bank, wait, scratch that last one, invest your savings, dream positively and you will get there. The Model 3 provides more bang per buck than any car I've ever purchased.
Thanks, I’ve been cutting back already. I’ve already lowered my monthly expenses and working overtime (plenty available) a few hours everyday. No cable TV, only crappy HD antenna and getting limited channels.

I know it’s financially a bad idea to get one, but the craving is so great that I’d rather live on top ramen for the next few years than to drool every time I see one.
I wish this Tesla craving was cureable without having to buy one.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I'm lucky to the degree that I'm in a place with cheap electricity but where gasoline is, in US terms, around $8/gal. And EVs have no VAT (while gasoline cars usually have 30-40%). Basically a Model 3 saves like $3k per year just in energy costs alone. Pretty easy to pay for itself.

Jasper

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I don't sleep much these days. Keep thinking non-stop about everything. HPWC or NEMA 14-50. Where in the garage will the charging go? Will I get my VIN tomorrow? Will my car be acceptable to me? If it's not, how much longer will I have to wait for them to fix it up until it is? Will I be able to survive a week without it when I drop it off to get PPF/tint straight from delivery? Will I be able to sell my modded car it's replacing? How much will insurance be? I need a winter snow/tire setup for the bigger rotors. The first ding/dent is going to suck!

See. You're not the only one. :confused:
Ha, I guess there are others like me out there.
I’ve been hooked on electric for many years. I started with a Ford Focus Electric several years ago. I loved driving with total quietness. And going from a F150 to an electric car was huge in gas savings on my 75 mile round trip daily work commute. Unfortunately that car had so many issues and would just die at random times that Ford bought it back. Now I have a Fusion Energi and I Love when it’s running on battery but it only gets 20 miles on battery. But when the engine is running, the car sounds terrible. And the battery is air cooled so in the 110 degree heat the car rarely runs on battery anyways. But it does get awesome gas mileage (43 avg) that I can’t use the Tesla as an excuse to save money on gas.

Jasper

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I'm lucky to the degree that I'm in a place with cheap electricity but where gasoline is, in US terms, around $8/gal. And EVs have no VAT (while gasoline cars usually have 30-40%). Basically a Model 3 saves like $3k per year just in energy costs alone. Pretty easy to pay for itself.
My electric with all fees and taxes works out to 14 cents per KW so it’s pretty inexpensive to charge an electric car here in Arizona. Also get is pretty inexpensive here as well (currently $2.49gal).

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Short story long, I'm sure I can't be the only one that thinks about having a Tesla all day long and that's mostly all what I think about.
I never could afford a Model S hand have been in love with Tesla since they started. Then when the announcement of the Model 3 at 35k and the federal rebate finally made it in the realm of becoming a reality.

I waited in line for several hours almost 2.5 years ago like thousands of others did. Then when it was finally able to purchase there was no way I could afford the LR and PUP that was being offered. I though of everything possible of a way to be able to get one but it's just too far out of my reach. The $7,500 rebate ending at the end of the year and going to $3,750 isn't that big of a deal to me since I can only take advantage of half of it anyways.

I know that a normal person would acknowledge that they cannot afford it and move on, BUT I want one so very bad that I can't think of much anything else. It's already affected my personal life as that's all I talk about.
My wife and I agree to low to mid $40’s for the car before pricing was announced. What a wave of emotion — I think my wife spared herself of the nightmare :D and agreed to let me load up first production.

Jasper

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
My wife and I agree to low to mid $40’s for the car before pricing was announced. What a wave of emotion — I think my wife spared herself of the nightmare :D and agreed to let me load up first production.
That’s a pretty awesome wife. The Tesla fixation partially cost me a relationship. I really do have this Tesla OCD pretty bad. I never thought I’d be that obsessed over a vehicle. That’s why even though I really can’t afford it, I think it will cure me if I get one :)

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks, I’ve been cutting back already. I’ve already lowered my monthly expenses and working overtime (plenty available) a few hours everyday. No cable TV, only crappy HD antenna and getting limited channels.

I know it’s financially a bad idea to get one, but the craving is so great that I’d rather live on top ramen for the next few years than to drool every time I see one.
I wish this Tesla craving was cureable without having to buy one.
I only have two things to say.
For the Model 3? YOLO!!!
And for the TV? Firestick with Kodi and other plugins for all your TV/movie needs. ;)

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, I put down a car payment each month (savings) for over two years to where I don’t have to finance much. Had to sacrifice here and there but in the end it was worth it. In reality, if I was hurting financially, I would have selected a different car. Fortunately, time, patience and savings helped.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That’s a pretty awesome wife. The Tesla fixation partially cost me a relationship. I really do have this Tesla OCD pretty bad. I never thought I’d be that obsessed over a vehicle. That’s why even though I really can’t afford it, I think it will cure me if I get one :)
It only gets worse (not better) after you get the car ;)

Jasper

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I’m ok with Tesla OCD (if I get it to drive it everyday and it sits in my garage every night).
I’m an anal clean freak with my house and vehicles and always park in the outer section of parking lots to avoid door dings and all the other precautions to keep a car looking nice.
I wash my car every week and calif car duster it everyday and wipe the rims with a rag everyday as well and clay bar it 2-3 times a year. I work at an old army base in the middle of the desert with blowing dust everyday so keeping a car clean is a chore, but one I happily do daily.

Last edited: