Hardware 3 retrofit has begun!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Has your car been retrofitted to the FSD HW3 computer?

• Total voters
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They must be getting much better with the HW3 retrofits. Tempe, AZ Service Center did my retrofit and charge port pin replacement while I waited (2-1/2 hrs). All my settings were retained, with the exception of having to re-establish my Wifi connection.
As I posted above, Tempe did mine last week too, in less than 2 hours. WiFi and Bluetooth were the only things I had to reset. They also replaced the charge port pins.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed an improvement in the car's reaction to vehicles turning left in front of me. Before HW3, when a car turned left crossing my lane maybe 50 - 100 feet away, my Model 3 would react very late, abruptly slowing down after the car had already passed out of my lane.

With HW3 it seems to briefly pause just while the car is in my lane, and immediately resumes as soon as the lane is clear. Acts more like I would.

Might be too early to say for sure, but it also seems to wake up more quickly from the Android phone app.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Another relatively small data point regarding the new visualizations, where I live, the fire hydrants are painted yellow. They show up as traffic cones on my screen.

I also noted that while the traffic signals are pretty good at noting whether they are red, green, etc., that the icons are so small, it's pretty difficult for me to see with my eye. For them to become useful as a visual aid when driving (in some future update), they will need to become more pronounced to be truly useful and helpful.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For them to become useful as a visual aid when driving (in some future update), they will need to become more pronounced to be truly useful and helpful.
The goal is for the car itself to recognize and react to traffic lights. The visualization is just to give the driver some idea of what the computer is seeing. It's not really meant to be a driver's aid.

sakaike

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The goal is for the car itself to recognize and react to traffic lights. The visualization is just to give the driver some idea of what the computer is seeing. It's not really meant to be a driver's aid.
Agreed. It's just that in this early iteration, I would like to easily be able to confirm that the cameras are accurately capturing the lights.

Wanna see the light? Look out the windshield!
Tru dat!

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
The construction cones visualizations can RELALY capture where the cones are. This cone was behind another vehicle when I drove up the car in front. Frankly, I thought it was a false positive till I was barely able to find the cone it was seeing.

This is the cone!

This
screen-shot-2020-02-23-at-4-05-05-pm-png.32405

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So my scheduled appointment for tomorrow at the Atlanta-Decatur Service Center was pushed back until March 9th because: “We are pushing your appointment back to make sure we have time to receive the parts necessary to perform your MW3 retrofit.”

So I rescheduled back to the Marietta Service Center for March 3rd. Which was my original location. I’ve been playing Georgia service Center musical chairs. o_O