Hardware 3 retrofit has begun!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Has your car been retrofitted to the FSD HW3 computer?

• Total voters

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh and to add to the discussion on settings....

Kept
- Homelink
- Profiles (including all car based settings)
- Trip computers

Lost
- Bluetooth
- WiFi
- Despite keeping my Profiles the seating positions may have been accidentally saved over

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Placed my appointment through the app yesterday for the Marietta, Georgia Service Center.
This morning i got the Service Estimate paperwork with the Retrofit, the Charge Pin fix, and hood latch readjustment. :cool:

My appointment is on Friday the 21st. As i said before i'm close to 200 miles away, in another state, in another time zone, lol. I'm hoping I get a loaner and they can get it done without me having to drive all the way home just to come back the following week.
I live 2 miles from the Marietta service center. The historic Marietta Square is nearby and is a good place to kill time if it's a relatively short appointment (3-4 hours or so). Go have a nice lunch at one of the restaurants or a coffee at Cool Beans. I would invite you to lunch myself, but I will be at work, which is not nearby.

Marietta service center is great - really nice folks there and they're good about keeping you updated on the progress of your vehicle's repair.

gary in NY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm scheduled for the HW3 upgrade February 18. My appointment is for minor body work, but since the car is eligible, they will do that too.

EDIT: Sorry, I already said this in an earlier post :rolleyes:. This thread is so busy, I forgot about it while trying to keep up.

Last edited:

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I live 2 miles from the Marietta service center. The historic Marietta Square is nearby and is a good place to kill time if it's a relatively short appointment (3-4 hours or so). Go have a nice lunch at one of the restaurants or a coffee at Cool Beans. I would invite you to lunch myself, but I will be at work, which is not nearby.

Marietta service center is great - really nice folks there and they're good about keeping you updated on the progress of your vehicle's repair.
Thanks for the tips!
Since I made that post I had to reschedule, and the Marietta location was all booked up until the next week. So in order to still get it done on the 21st I had to change to the Alpharetta-Roswell SC. Have you experienced that one, or know anybody who has?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the tips!
Since I made that post I had to reschedule, and the Marietta location was all booked up until the next week. So in order to still get it done on the 21st I had to change to the Alpharetta-Roswell SC. Have you experienced that one, or know anybody who has?
I have not been to that one myself, but have heard mostly good things.

For entertainment around there, it's fairly close (3 miles or so) to Avalon (large mixed use development in Alpharetta) as well as the small downtowns of Alpharetta and Roswell. All are pretty nice!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just received my repair estimate paperwork for next Tuesday’s HW3 upgrade and noticed it says “without electrical wiring rework” so certainly a few variations in the work required for the upgrade based on what’s in the current car. I also wonder if this exiting HW differences as well as the current SW version on the car impacts the what’s saved or lost during the upgrade. I’m also thinking that this current period of long time with few SW versions is also intentional to try to minimize differences between car SW version and the pre-loaded SW in the HW3?

Attachments

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just received my repair estimate paperwork for next Tuesday’s HW3 upgrade and noticed it says “without electrical wiring rework” so certainly a few variations in the work required for the upgrade based on what’s in the current car. I also wonder if this exiting HW differences as well as the current SW version on the car impacts the what’s saved or lost during the upgrade. I’m also thinking that this current period of long time with few SW versions is also intentional to try to minimize differences between car SW version and the pre-loaded SW in the HW3?
Never noticed that. Took a peek at my paperwork and it says:
"Full Self-Driving Car Computer Retrofit With Electrical Wiring Rework, Model 3"

I wonder if that has a bearing on how long it takes to do the retrofit as well.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
66###. Sept 2018 delivery. Bought FSD at fire sale. Called service center for different issue and they said the vehicle is ready for retrofit. Appointment is next week. Let’s see what happens.
Update:

They will have to reschedule as the part is not in yet. They will go ahead with fixing the original issue for which I had contacted them.
Bummer.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine is "with" -- I'm guessing that may be a low VIN thing...?

screen-shot-2020-02-13-at-8-02-49-pm-png.32261

kcarver

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Made appoint for HW3 upgrade along with dash replace for bubbles and air filter with Tempe AZ service center. VIN 48xxx delivery July 2018. Received quote for $134 for air filters but rest on warranty or FSD purchase. Appointment confirmed for 2/18/19. Didn’t wait for them to call me.