Hardware 3 retrofit has begun!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Has your car been retrofitted to the FSD HW3 computer?

• Total voters

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure if other people are doing this...

But as I was not sure if there was a waiting list... Or if Tesla was going to call me direct... But I scheduled service for software hardware... And asked for the HW3

It was just installed this afternoon.

Mike
Yeah so its quite clear Tesla hasn't called anyone yet.

If you schedule service for any reason on your car they check for any service bulletins (things like recalls) and the HW3 upgrade is posted to your VIN in the same way if you have FSD equipped on your car. If your VIN has the bulletin you get HW3 during that appointment.

If you schedule service asking for HW3, the same process as above holds. If your VIN has the bulletin its your lucky day. If not, the appointment is canceled.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
This was my hw3 rejection letter: We are finally starting to see Hardware 3.0 retrofit kits arrive in the Northwest, however, they are being issued out on a VIN by VIN basis. We have not yet received parts for your specific Model 3 configuration. May we cancel this appointment for now and reach back out as soon as parts for your vehicle arrive?

14xxx april 2018

potatoee

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Model 3, ca September 2018. After waiting for two months, I can finally get my winter tires. I used some Tesla guilt on the SC and said "hey any chance I can get my HW 3 installed on 1/30?" They said "Sure, looks like we can do it"

Boston/Dedham

Clearly the HW3 kits are making it out to the Northeast.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I made an appointment through the app for HW3 upgrade. 1 hour later they sent me a text saying that it could not be done by mobile service and that i was going to have to go to the SC. 15 minutes after that they said that it wasn't available for my car yet. 15 minutes after that they said it was available and they made the appointment at the SC for the same time as my mobile appointment request and i could cancel or change it through the app.
My car was delivered on 10/16/18. It was ordered with FSD. P3D- VIN: 88135

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
anyone with an early VIN RWD m3 get their v3 computers upgradeD? I have a feeling its only AWD variants maybe I'm reaching?

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried to make an appointment I'm going to keep trying every month or so I feel duped that no one reached out.

Ksb466

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It seems unfair to Tesla, and to many on this forum wishing for improved service levels, to submit SC requests for HW3 at this time. It’ll needlessly bog them down. I might feel differently after driving features are released, but for now leave them to resolve true customer issues.