Happy Two Year Anniversary Everyone

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's now been two years since lines began to form in front of Tesla stores for a car no one had seen. We only knew the price ($35K) and that it was a Tesla. We didn't know if it was a hatchback or a sedan. No one knew the range or the performance figures. But still lines formed.

In the two years since, every auto manufacturer has announced, for the first time, aggressive electric product road maps. All because we all stood in line that day.

Happy Two Years, everyone!

Some added punctuation for me is that I have an appointment to pick mine up tomorrow, March 31, 2018, two years to the day from when I reserved it. At 5pm tonight the electrician finished installing the charge port.

I have two goals modest goals on the two year anniversary:
1. Not to be a dick as they explain the stuff we've all poured over in great detail together already (thanks, owners!)
2. Not to wreck it on the way home.

We'll see how I do on those.

Last edited:

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Well as you know I was >6 months late to the party in 2016 which makes me bow even lower to y’all who did have the foresight to stand in line 2 years ago!

And, @Steve Shi , you’re so right, what a happy family this made us...

And...... a special shout out to @TrevP for making this possible here on M3OC!! :)

Steve S.

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Time: 6:44AM, March 31, 2016;
Story: 2 hours 45 mins in, 3 hours 15 mins to go. about 20th person in the line. When the store opened at 10AM, there were between 200-250 people in the line.

Current Status: still...waiting...for.......VIN
o_O

Attachments

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Happy anniversary my fanatical funny friends. This is a unique community of people from disparate places and backgrounds that share a vision. Increasing odds of a better future while having more fun driving. It has been a long wait. I was lucky enough to order on March 27. Thanks for keeping me sane. Can't wait.

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
for the 2 year mark, I rented a Model 3 from a local owner on Turo.
First test was making sure it fits in the garage and the wall connector can feed it. :)
View attachment 6850
Nice. You getting white?

I'm hanging out at delivery center. Evidently, they are deeply committed to the tradition of Elon Time here...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice. You getting white?

I'm hanging out at delivery center. Evidently, they are deeply committed to the tradition of Elon Time here...
White (and titanium) were my first choices back in 2016... probably going to go with red, but idk

And...?? you are going to tell us more about your experience, aren’t ya?! :D
probably not much to add over what everyone else has contributed, but maybe tomorrow after I return it

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
for the 2 year mark, I rented a Model 3 from a local owner on Turo.
First test was making sure it fits in the garage and the wall connector can feed it. :)
View attachment 6850
Great idea. Really enjoyed my first drive of one. I’m guessing your waiting for warmer weather for the garage floor?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great idea. Really enjoyed my first drive of one. I’m guessing your waiting for warmer weather for the garage floor?
yeah - my samples I did a month or so ago took quite a while to totally harden, so figured I have plenty of time, so may as well wait until the normal temps are in the upper 60s or low 70s.