Hairline Crack - Bottom Front Windshield

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have had my Model 3 for about 1 month now and put on about 700 miles. I just noticed a small hairline crack on the bottom portion of the front windshield on the passenger side. I do not recall hearing a rock or anything hit the windshield and wondering if this crack slowly developed or if I took delivery with it. I sent an email to Tesla service explaining the situation since I didn't want to wait on hold forever by calling.

Anyone have a similar crack develop and did Tesla take care of it or did you have to pay out of pocket?

Attachments

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pictures always make it hard to see, it really looks more like a scratch than a crack, but if it truly is, I would take it to Tesla. I don't see a rock or chip where something may have hit it. This could then just be a defect or a stress crack of some sort. I know we are a year in on this car and have a ton of them on the road now, but there are many good reports of Tesla doing the right thing. I would hope they'd replace it for you as it doesn't seem you did anything to cause the issue.