Had body/paint work done? Experiences?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TheTony

It happened.
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't see a body or paint repair experiences thread, so figured I'd start one and post my situation:

I had someone back into my 3 in a parking lot after only a few weeks of ownership. The damage is minor and appears to be limited to the paint in one small section on the rear bumper (just under the top edge). The size,extent and location actually make it hard to see unless you're looking for it. However, I do intend to get it repaired, unless I have a very good reason not to, as it should be repaired under the other person's coverage, based on the incident.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has needed to work with a body shop yet for minor repairs, and what their experience has been. Given the location of the damage - would they try to touch this up? It seems like a touch-up might make it more conspicuous than blend in, but I'm probably underestimating the effectiveness of the touch-up product they'll use.

I'm just curious how they might approach this repair and what to expect (ie touch-up, spot repair/repaint or something more).

Here's a photo of the damage - it's straight center, if it's not clear right away:

Closer:

He Chen

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Something similar happened to me. A truck rear ended me during stop and go traffic. There are now 2 specks where their front license plate gouged my rear bumper paint off, showing the black plastic material underneath. I'm curious as to what the repair will entail and how much it will cost.

Sorry to see that bumper damage though. It sucks especially when it isn't your fault.