bwilson4web

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Have any Model 3 gun owners had success with any specific gun mounts or holsters? If so, where did you mount it?
It might help if you post the dimensions of the weapon:
  • barrel length from front to hammer if cocked (not recommended)
  • height from bottom of grip to top of sights
  • diagonal from bottom rear of grip to furtherest forward barrel/stock
  • largest width
  • operational scenario
The operational scenario is whether you anticipate:
  • externally visible (not recommended as guns in cars become a freebie for driveway and parking lots)
  • fast access - consider a chest holster
A former Marine, I would skip the handgun and go with Billy Club or baton. There is a certain satisfaction from club-on-bone crunch and it is not as 'scary' to a police officer who wants to tell you about some minor traffic issue or other stop.
There was a Marine rumor that after too many prisoner injuries, the Marine cut off part of their batons.

Bob Wilson

Reactions: Pizzalover

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It may not be quick but everyone needs a good Frunk Gun! (Just because it's fun to say)

Frunk Gun.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It may not be quick but everyone needs a good Frunk Gun! (Just because it's fun to say)

View attachment 30864
You don't have enough. Add three more and fill the remaining space with ammunition. In the meanwhile, I send my spare change to those who don't waste money on weapons and ammunition.

Don't forget to fill the rear, sub-trunk too. You should be able to put about $3-4,000 in the car. More if you fold down the rear seats.

Bob Wilson

Last edited:

Aqua45

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I have a car gun magnet installed and mounted on the center console. Perfect fit for my glock9 and have not had any experience falling off. Read good reviews here: https://motoringcrunch.com/reviews/car-gun-magnet/. I'm planning to buy another one to be mounted under the seat because sometimes I want it concealed and still have easy access. Anyone here care to post pics on gun magnet mounts?

vletnguyen

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Hi everyone!
Looks like console vault has made something for the model 3 (pre refresh).
Tesla Model 3 2017-2020-1126
Going to look into buying it this week. I have a tray for sunglasses/coins etc there and have to figure out how to fit or move things around to accommodate this safe. Looks like it should fit most subcompacts. Any thoughts or any new solutions?
Dimensions:
Interior: 10.75" L x 5.25” W x 6.25" H
Lid Opening: 6.25" L x 4.75" W

Reactions: android04

batzman

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hi everyone!
Looks like console vault has made something for the model 3 (pre refresh).
Tesla Model 3 2017-2020-1126
Going to look into buying it this week. I have a tray for sunglasses/coins etc there and have to figure out how to fit or move things around to accommodate this safe. Looks like it should fit most subcompacts. Any thoughts or any new solutions?
Dimensions:
Interior: 10.75" L x 5.25” W x 6.25" H
Lid Opening: 6.25" L x 4.75" W
I’ve got one coming and should be at my place this Friday. I can take pics, etc when it comes in.

tommybahama

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Hello everyone/gun owners,

I've done some searching on the topic, but didn't find anything substantive for model 3's. The one thread on a Tesla forum I noticed didn't turn out too well, so I was hoping to not discuss opinions nor politics in this thread, but solely accessories/modifications.

Have any Model 3 gun owners had success with any specific gun mounts or holsters? If so, where did you mount it?

I was thinking the center console, though that would most likely mean doing away with the tray. Perhaps there's a good space nearer the pedals for it? (Havent gotten the 3 just yet so don't have the best idea for it). Would prefer something not viewable from the outside, and not sure how some of the cheaper Amazon options would work for a smaller handgun.

Thanks! :D
I use this, works awesome...

Amazon product

vletnguyen

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Quick observations after a test fitment.

They installed my combination lock and decal plate upside down.
I am also thinking of removing that metal tab as well as the spring loaded mechanism and/or simply pulling up on the lock should be enough?
I am going to order a flat usb extension and run it so I can lock up my SSD.
The usb/12v hub fit fine through the gap, it did cut up the blue lightning cable some, so I moved it next to the thicker black usb/12v hub.

I'll bolt it down after i run the usb extension as my current SSD setup is too short.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.38 PM.png
    512.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.24 PM.png
    596.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.03 PM.png
    566.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.53.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.53.48 PM.png