Gun Holsters/Mounts for Model 3?

Country
Country
Hello everyone/gun owners,

I've done some searching on the topic, but didn't find anything substantive for model 3's. The one thread on a Tesla forum I noticed didn't turn out too well, so I was hoping to not discuss opinions nor politics in this thread, but solely accessories/modifications.

Have any Model 3 gun owners had success with any specific gun mounts or holsters? If so, where did you mount it?

I was thinking the center console, though that would most likely mean doing away with the tray. Perhaps there's a good space nearer the pedals for it? (Havent gotten the 3 just yet so don't have the best idea for it). Would prefer something not viewable from the outside, and not sure how some of the cheaper Amazon options would work for a smaller handgun.

Thanks! :D

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have very very little experience with guns...just bb pistols...so my size estimates might be out to lunch...
the center console is overall quite small with its subdivisions. It also depends on whether you have premium interior or not, as the charging tray may take up some room versus a standard (not sure if that opens up the same).
You definitely would lose the tray if using the back section under the arm rest.
The center portion has enough physical room, I had a star trek phaser prop in there since halloween next to a tissue box...just in case.

As for commercial options and where/how to mount, I've got nuthin...sorry.

Country
Country
I was going with the premium option, but @Frully, this was a subcompact handgun, so something that would completely fit in a hand if including your fingers. I did notice in videos that the center console at the arm-rest seems to have a decline with the bucket pretty shallow towards the edge... dang!

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I haven’t seen any accessories for this, but you can probably make a velcro mount that holds it against the forward storage bin side wall. That container is deep enough that passers-by won’t see it in there.

I think that putting a gun in a non-contained area would both make your life miserable at your next traffic stop, and make the gun and car a target for break-in and theft.

And please avoid road rage if possible. Quite a lot of raging drivers will react more aggressively if they know you’re armed (whether it’s a gun, bat, or taser) because they feel they’re “defending themselves”. The problem with ragers is that they already believe you attacked them first. That’s why it escalates so quickly.

Last edited:
Country
Country
@JasonF Agreed on not having the gun exposed out in an area where people can see it as a theft target. Left side door would work great in my case being a lefty, but I think there's laws about it being in an area that's not very secure (with opening and closing a door constantly). Though I originally did think that would be a good idea! lol.

I'm thinking maybe within the magnetic door in the center console would have good space for a magnet-type mount or something like that, but was curious if any gun owners have had good experience with any type of vehicle mount/holster in specific.

[mod removal of political sarcasm]

Underneath the aft tray has more than ample room for a Governor, G21 w/+2 mag and threaded barrel end, FN five-seven. The forward cubby has only enough room for G19, FN five-seven, or smaller. Any compact, sub compact will easily fit in both the afore mention compartments. The rear trunk well has ample room for the bigger hardware for when the SHTF.

On a related note the early Ses had a forward kangaroo pocket on the drivers seat that could stow a LCP or LCR sized weapon. I would imagine an upholstery shop could easily handle a mod of this nature with adding possible Velcro straps for an even better snug fit.

Btw, the Florida Tesla Enthusists group had an insane weekend meet-up last year at the OK Gun Corral Resort in Okeechobee where they have Tesla destination charging.

Congrats on your your incoming M3!

Last edited by a moderator:
Country
Country
Nice! I just had a G26 at the moment, so the front cubby sounds like the right spot! I'll have to sign up with that group when it's official :cool:

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also of note...

Wherever you mount it...make sure to add a bit of armour or a chunk of phone book...you don't wanna be like that early "spontaneous tesla fire" that hit the media where a rear seat passenger discharged a firearm into the battery pack :S Preemptively, yes, everyone is careful all the time but it doesn't obviate the need for protection ;) Our change rooms where police officers (formerly) shared lockers we had gun disarming stations with safety padding in case of accidental discharge.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Im in the same boat need a good spot for a gun safe. i was initially thinking of putting one bolted in the rear top tray of the trunk but the cross beam is too far into the trunk and near the trunk opening looks too flimsy.

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
You can always use those portable safe and loop the security cable through the seat railing. This only slightly deters smash and grabs.

Not sure if everyone is talking about securing the firearm when you have to go to "gun free" zone or for when you're driving long distances. For the latter you could always do something like the car mount or as suggested above the pouch in the front seat http://aliengearholsters.com/car-holsters.html

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I’m going to be buying a 3 in the next few months, and I thought about this. I’m thinking the forward center console is the best option with holster due to size, but my concern is theft. I keep my car gun (and carry gun) in my glovebox locked when I’m not in the vehicle (and law doesn’t permit me to carry). I wouldn’t think they would fit the 3 glovebox. Nor would I want to keep them there all the time due to the added steps of opening it should a threat arise. If you come up with a solution I’d love to hear it.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello everyone/gun owners,

I've done some searching on the topic, but didn't find anything substantive for model 3's. The one thread on a Tesla forum I noticed didn't turn out too well, so I was hoping to not discuss opinions nor politics in this thread, but solely accessories/modifications.

Have any Model 3 gun owners had success with any specific gun mounts or holsters? If so, where did you mount it?

I was thinking the center console, though that would most likely mean doing away with the tray. Perhaps there's a good space nearer the pedals for it? (Havent gotten the 3 just yet so don't have the best idea for it). Would prefer something not viewable from the outside, and not sure how some of the cheaper Amazon options would work for a smaller handgun.

Thanks! :D
In AZ, if a gun gets stolen (whether in a car or at home) the owner is ultimately liable....many people have small portable gun lockers in their trunk...