GTA Condo Install

Stakis

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I know this is a rare situation but I live in a condo in Toronto that will allow me to install a wall charger for my Model 3.

I’m wondering if anyone has a condo parking spot where they had a charger installed and roughly what costs were involved.

Any recomendd electricians?

Thanks

Vin

Country
Country
I know this is a rare situation but I live in a condo in Toronto that will allow me to install a wall charger for my Model 3.

I’m wondering if anyone has a condo parking spot where they had a charger installed and roughly what costs were involved.

Any recomendd electricians?

Thanks
I am in the US, but maybe this helps so I'll post it for you anyway.
I have a townhome/condo that I own with a reserved parking spot right out front about 20 ft from the house and the electrical panel (which is just inside near the front door).
I have an electrician in my area that I found from the Tesla website.
He will run the wires from the inside panel, through the outer wall, and underground through a small grass area/yard and under a sidewalk patch that has a grass area between my parking spot and the concrete square.
A post will be installed with the wall charger. All wires are hidden underground.
The price seemed fair in my opinion, especially since my first quote from another company was TWICE as much as this guy.
Total cost which includes permits/inspection and the cost of the post was 2k US. I know if it wasn't outside and there wasn't digging underground it would have been a lot less,
but as mentioned the first guy seemed to try to inflate the price a lot, so definitely get at least 2 quotes minimum.
Hope that helps a little.

Note: a new outdoor metal post can run in the $500 range, and city permit for my situation was $385, so the cost of the project was about $1115 to give a more itemized breakdown.

Last edited:
Country
Country
I'm looking forward to any responses to this as well. I've only heard of two companies that do installs for condo garages: autochargers.ca and Signature Electric.

I'm also in Toronto and am in almost the same situation, except I haven't talked to the building manager or the board. My current lease doesn't run out until next year, but given we will likely see a new provincial government next month that has made it clear they will take away EV rebates, I'm feeling a panic that maybe I should get a charger installed now. Even if I can't afford the Model 3, I'd be interested in an older EV (like a Leaf).