Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!!!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm interested also. I guess I am too new to access the conversations/PM (member since Sep, 2018 but only posted 1 message).
Interested in the Power Trunk + Frunk + Foot Sensor. Located in Chicago area.
I’m in the Chicago area as well. Will you be installing it on your own or do you know of a professional installer?

Omega

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is the response how the foot sensor works:

"Dear Quan,

The foot sensor would not open by trash bag or something. Its working principle is to use ultrasonic to detect the foot kick action. Only in special foot kick action, the foot sensor can work.

The millimetre wave radar detects that the object is close to the foot sensor, then the foot stays for 0.2S, and the foot leaves. Only in this situation, the foot sensor can work."

So, that explains why we see a delay with the foot sensor in the video on their website. I was like "this foot sensor is too slow to respond," and there is a reason behind it. So, it reduces a lot of chances in accidentally opening the trunk when the car is in motion. Even if we're driving at 2-3 mph, we will leave the object by the time the foot sensor has enough time to activate the opening mechanic. That's how I understand their response.

Omega

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I already sent out the instruction email to everyone. Please make sure that you received my message. If you do not receive the message, please double check the email you provided to me and PM me immediately for an updated email. Again, thank everyone so much for making this happen. :):)

TomT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered! Thanks!

I already sent out the instruction email to everyone. Please make sure that you received my message. If you do not receive the message, please double check the email you provided to me and PM me immediately for an updated email. Again, thank everyone so much for making this happen. :):)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Haha no it's still okay. I will probably extend it one more day to Saturday. I will need your name, your email, and city + state (not full address, just location to help me look for a good installer in your area).

I negotiated with the company to convince them that there are mamy people who do not want the foot sensor, and they eventually agree to give a discount for trunk only at $435. That's the best I could do. In fact, if later you want to buy the foot sensor, just use i1Tesla discount code to get the sensor at $45, minus this $15 discount, so the sensor is actually not bad at $30. :)
Hi Omega,
Thanks, Just saw your message and PMed my details

Omega

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi everyone,

The group purchase is going live right now until 11:59 PM tonight (09/21/2019, PDT, GMT-7:00). If anyone is new, or if anyone does not receive my email, please email me immediately mrquanhoangnguyen@gmail. I will forward to email instruction to you, so you can have enough time to purchase. Thank you so much.

Omega

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks Quan. Do we know approximately how much the installation will cost?
Thanks Quan. Do we know approximately how much the installation will cost?
The installation quote I got from my shop (Houston, TX) is pretty similar with the company shops in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

$200 for frunk
$250 for trunk
$300 for trunk + foot sensor
$400 for everything

They will help to organize a group installation in SF and LA area, probably 10-15% discount, depended on how many people they get.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks to Quan , Ordered. Looking for help to install in the Chicago area. If anyone wants to pair up and try self install, I can work with them. NW suburbs..

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just tried to order the trunk kit - at checkout, it says the coupon usage limit has been reached.

I think Kernal7 stole my kit:eek::D

Omega

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi everyone,

Since a few a few people did not receive the message that I sent out yesterday, I was able to ask the company to extend the coupons for the next 24 hours. Therefore, we still have time until 11:59 PM on Sunday (09/22/2019, PDT, GMT-7:00). After this time, there will be no more extension. Thus, I hope everyone would be able to make it. For anyone who is new, would you please check your email carefully to make sure I am not sending the message to the wrong email? It is even better at this point to directly send a message to my personal email mrquanhoangnguyen@gmail.com, so I can have your correct email. Thank you so much; everyone is awesome!!!

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Ordered yesterday....nothing at all from the company. Just a receipt for billing from PayPal. However it is the weekend.

Ski