Greetings from Texas

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hello all,
I am planning on getting a M3 Performance with the Performance Upgrade in either blue or red within a couple of months. I am a disabled veteran living in Texas and so I don't pay much for my plates and I was wondering when I do order my Tesla am I going to be able to get my disabled discounts on the plates or will i get to do that process myself? I have been wanting a Tesla since they came out but price has been my holdup. Also, who is best to install the charging mount in your garage? Tesla or a local electrician, I do not want it screwed up.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As for installation, Tesla has a list of their approved electricians. Look for the link on the Wall Connector item in the online shop.

I used Smart Charge America. They have service in Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio. I was happy with their service. They request that you upload a bunch of photos of your breaker panel, your house, garage and location in the garage you want the charger installed. Based on that they'll work up your estimate. They also have Tesla Wall Connectors which they'll provide at cost, so you don’t have to bother ordering one. The work was neat, they finished mine (240v 60A line) in a day even though I had a 90’ cable/conduit run.

P.S. Thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
As for installation, Tesla has a list of their approved electricians. Look for the link on the Wall Connector item in the online shop.

I used Smart Charge America. They have service in Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio. I was happy with their service. They request that you upload a bunch of photos of your breaker panel, your house, garage and location in the garage you want the charger installed. Based on that they'll work up your estimate. They also have Tesla Wall Connectors which they'll provide at cost, so you don’t have to bother ordering one. The work was neat, they finished mine (240v 60A line) in a day even though I had a 90’ cable/conduit run.

P.S. Thank you for your service.

Thank-you.