Great window tint shop in Los Angeles

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I took delivery of my Model 3 this past Friday, the first day of deliveries in the LA area. Absolutely love the car. I've never had tinted windows before, but I decided I had to this time around -- there's so much glass on this car -- and I came across Window Tintz, about ten minutes from downtown. I have to say, I know I sound like I'm a relative or a friend or something (I'm not), but they really impressed me: the price was very reasonable, the owner is a huge Tesla fan -- which I personally love -- and the install guys were exceptionally nice and capable; even watching them talk to other customers while I was there, I could see how well they know their products and listen to their customers.

We went with a 90% (nearly clear) tint on both the front windshield and rear glass, mostly for heat reduction, and a 70% on the sides, which keeps the heat out and also gives a nice, subtle tint that's legal in CA and won't ever be confused with a limo. Most importantly, they did a flawless job; the tint is subtle but significant. I'm very happy I had it done, I'm very happy I went to Window Tintz, I'm giving my wholehearted recommendation.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

juke

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I took delivery of my Model 3 this past Friday, the first day of deliveries in the LA area. Absolutely love the car. I've never had tinted windows before, but I decided I had to this time around -- there's so much glass on this car -- and I came across Window Tintz, about ten minutes from downtown. I have to say, I know I sound like I'm a relative or a friend or something (I'm not), but they really impressed me: the price was very reasonable, the owner is a huge Tesla fan -- which I personally love -- and the install guys were exceptionally nice and capable; even watching them talk to other customers while I was there, I could see how well they know their products and listen to their customers.

We went with a 90% (nearly clear) tint on both the front windshield and rear glass, mostly for heat reduction, and a 70% on the sides, which keeps the heat out and also gives a nice, subtle tint that's legal in CA and won't ever be confused with a limo. Most importantly, they did a flawless job; the tint is subtle but significant. I'm very happy I had it done, I'm very happy I went to Window Tintz, I'm giving my wholehearted recommendation.
you might want to read the CA regulation. The 30% is only legal if you have a “doctor’s note”. seriously. legal is 88%.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've read the CA regulation. It allows for a non-reflective tint at the top of the windshield (I went with a nearly clear 90% tint that you can't see at all), 70% on the front sides (I went with 70), any darkness on the back sides (I kept it subtle at 70), and any darkness on the rear window (I kept it light at 90 to maintain visibility). I'm good, thanks. :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

did you do the whole back window? and you are talking about the 7400 S Western Ave location correct?

Thanks!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dang, that's way less expensive than my quote.

I'm going with all 3M crystalline:
windshield: 70%
all sides: 40%
rear and roof: 50%

$1400

will post pics when it's done today :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dang, that's way less expensive than my quote.

I'm going with all 3M crystalline:
windshield: 70%
all sides: 40%
rear and roof: 50%

$1400

will post pics when it's done today :)
Are you going to the same place? I had a hard time finding a place that would do the whole back and went with the 15 on the back because that was pretty much the only option they had at that price.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i went with a different spot - Unplugged Performance in Hawthorne.

i also added XPEL on the headlights and tail lights b/c i despise cloudy/yellowing plastic!

ArturG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I called the places mentioned in the thread. And, WOW they’re expensive. I asked Tintz for a quote, he told me $160 total, and as soon as I mentioned it’s Tesla, the price went up to $400.

Every place I called said they recommend ceramic. And even if you went with standard, it would cost $300+

So I decided to do a bit of research on what is the difference between ceramic and standard.
- your windows already have heat rejection
- the standard film lasts 4-5 years and the ceramic lasts 6-7 years

So I called a place near my house, and they quoted me $100 total. Naturally I got a bit surprised at the price difference. And the guy was pretty honest, he’s like the reason you got those quotes is because you have a Tesla

Naturally, they have all the guarantees as the other places. They’ll replace any bubbling and purpling.

Anyway, long story short, here is the place:

Pro Tint - $100 for all windows & back
900 S. Central Ave.
Glendale, CA 91204

fazluke

Country
Country
Anyway, long story short, here is the place:

Pro Tint - $100 for all windows & back
900 S. Central Ave.
Glendale, CA 91204[/QUOTE]

I can't find this place, anyone confirmed this address

Sam Spirer

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
That $100 film will fade out quick.... We only do Ceramic at my shop and its upwards of $950 to do the car if you want that rear window done in one piece. The average cost for a good tint job with good film should between $850-$1400 to do the full car with windshield included on the higher end.

Wicked Auto Detailing
2930 grace lane unit J costa mesa 92626
714-617-5199

We handle a lot of tesla cars for everything from ceramic coating to window tint to ppf vinyl.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone used "3M™ Automotive Window Film FX HP Series" ... I am looking for best glare protection without going really dark