Great News!!!! the wait is downhill from here

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Hey folks, guess what?

We have been on this forum sharing expectations and thoughts about our Model 3 longer than some of us will have to wait to get their cars! Yup, this forum has been running for 10 months. 10 months from now some of us will have a bright shiny new Model 3 sitting in their garage!!! It's all downhill from here!

If that's not great news I don't know what is.

Thanks to all of you by the way for making the last 10 months bearable.

Dan

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hey folks, guess what?

We have been on this forum sharing expectations and thoughts about our Model 3 longer than some of us will have to wait to get their cars! Yup, this forum has been running for 10 months. 10 months from now some of us will have a bright shiny new Model 3 sitting in their garage!!! It's all downhill from here!

If that's not great news I don't know what is.

Thanks to all of you by the way for making the last 10 months bearable.

Dan
You are soooo right, @Dan Detweiler , and thanks to you too! Let's keep this up with (im)patience & constructive sharing and, please, for a while longer than 10 additional months as lots here will have to wait quite a bit more than that!! :)

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
You are soooo right, @Dan Detweiler , and thanks to you too! Let's keep this up with (im)patience & constructive sharing and, please, for a while longer than 10 additional months as lots here will have to wait quite a bit more than that!! :)
Yeah, I don't know if the flood of pictures, videos, reviews, and stories from first deliveries will make it easier or harder for the later recipients!

Dan

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Yeah, I don't know if the flood of pictures, videos, reviews, and stories from first deliveries will make it easier or harder for the later recipients!

Dan
Am sure it will keeps us warm in the interim though longing even more :p

Jayc

Country
Country
Things are going to heat up leading up to next reveal and it might remain so after that. In some ways, I enjoy the anticipation as much as the eventual purchase. I am grateful to Tesla for keeping us updated and we know what we are waiting for.

The last time we did this waiting game, Toyota mislead us by showcasing a great looking NS4 concept to indicate what to expect, then kept silent for the next 4 years keeping fans in suspense and eventually revealed the production ready hybrid which was not what we expected or would have liked to own.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Things are going to heat up leading up to next reveal and it might remain so after that. In some ways, I enjoy the anticipation as much as the eventual purchase. I am grateful to Tesla for keeping us updated and we know what we are waiting for.

The last time we did this waiting game, Toyota mislead us by showcasing a great looking NS4 concept to indicate what to expect, then kept silent for the next 4 years keeping fans in suspense and eventually revealed the production ready hybrid which was not what we expected or would have liked to own.
Oh yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time keeping up with happenings.

We should start seeing prototypes being driven around in the next 2-3 months along with the final reveal.

If the Model X thread I was deeply involved with over @ TMC in 2015 is any indication we're going to see a massive flood of posts and conjecture. It hope people keep a level head and don't let it become a shitshow, which is one of the reasons I left TMC and started this site :)

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country

Agreed. It was a serious mistake to attempt to validate the gawdawful ugly styling of the MIRAI by moving the entire Toyota product line in that direction. A shame they didn't just take the NS4 Concept and make that the new Prius instead. Maybe they'll use that design for a Camry in a few years?

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hearkens back to the days waiting for my LEAF to arrive. Back then we got a delivery estimate which was not very accurate, but it was known that you received this notice just about the time your car was being loaded onto a ship from the factory in Japan. So the forum posted links to sites where you could look up ship itineraries and we could use that to estimate which ship our LEAFs were on when they left the LEAF factory in Oppama, Japan. We could then follow the ship's progress as it reached the Panama Canal, Puerto Rico and the finally made its way up the east coast until it hit the port closest to home (in my case, Newport News, VA). Once the ship docked, you knew you had about a week to go as the car was prepped and loaded onto a trailer for delivery to your dealer.

I suppose we will probably get better tracking information with Tesla and we won't have to wait for a ship to navigate halfway around the world (at least for us in North America), but it was a lot of fun checking on the status of ships traversing the Pacific and Caribbean as a distraction during the seemingly endless wait.

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The forum has made the entire journey a pleasure. I bet the journey will be as fun as the destination. It's super exciting to speculate and wonder whats coming down the tubes for us all that have been chomping at the bit to get a Tesla. I think we'll all look back at this being a watershed moment when things finally started to turn around with climate change and we all got wicked new cars as a secondary reward. The forum and the Model 3 have been a huge part of my life these last 10 months and I hope it continues going forward! I think getting one will just be the beginning. Getting friends, family and others interested in the brand and ordering one will be just as satisfying as it'll be another dirty ICE off the roads.

InElonWeTrust

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time keeping up with happenings.

We should start seeing prototypes being driven around in the next 2-3 months along with the final reveal.

If the Model X thread I was deeply involved with over @ TMC in 2015 is any indication we're going to see a massive flood of posts and conjecture. It hope people keep a level head and don't let it become a shitshow, which is one of the reasons I left TMC and started this site :)
Please share the reason you left TMC. I have been on it for a while on a very limited scale given I'm not an owner yet but I was turned off by something that occurred there, so I'm curious. I'm new here but have already realized there is a much nicer and chill attitude amongst the participants.

chopr147

Country
Country
The forum has made the entire journey a pleasure. I bet the journey will be as fun as the destination. It's super exciting to speculate and wonder whats coming down the tubes for us all that have been chomping at the bit to get a Tesla. I think we'll all look back at this being a watershed moment when things finally started to turn around with climate change and we all got wicked new cars as a secondary reward. The forum and the Model 3 have been a huge part of my life these last 10 months and I hope it continues going forward! I think getting one will just be the beginning. Getting friends, family and others interested in the brand and ordering one will be just as satisfying as it'll be another dirty ICE off the roads.
AND, meeting other like minded people at superchargers along the way. Though in NY the chargers are mostly empty but I have still had some nice conversations while waiting :)

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
AND, meeting other like minded people at superchargers along the way. Though in NY the chargers are mostly empty but I have still had some nice conversations while waiting :)
I'm looking forward to that actually. I'm a very anxious person (especially socially) but having that common thread will make it easier on me. It feels like a community of like-minded people.

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It has been a total pleasure conversing with the members of TOO. It is refreshing to find a group that is informed and passionate but still courteous. I have spent some time on reddit and TMC. They have a lot of info but too often descend into sarcasm. I really enjoyed the meeting that Trev and Ken arranged and cant wait for our first rally after enough of us take delivery. I think that a major force for EV adoption is simply people taking rides in EVs and having basic information. This site has been wonderful for that and tge next 12 months should be electrifying ( sorry too much?). Cheers

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
It has been a total pleasure conversing with the members of TOO. It is refreshing to find a group that is informed and passionate but still courteous. I have spent some time on reddit and TMC. They have a lot of info but too often descend into sarcasm. I really enjoyed the meeting that Trev and Ken arranged and cant wait for our first rally after enough of us take delivery. I think that a major force for EV adoption is simply people taking rides in EVs and having basic information. This site has been wonderful for that and tge next 12 months should be electrifying ( sorry too much?). Cheers
Well, I will admit that in The REAL World I speak fluent Sarcasm. It seems to be my default means of communication. Some mistake my attitude for Arrogance, and I explain it isn't Arrogance if you can do it. What I love best about Sarcasm is that it only works if you are correct. Otherwise, you just end up proving to the world that you are an @$$.

ricardocabesa

Country
Country
Hearkens back to the days waiting for my LEAF to arrive. Back then we got a delivery estimate which was not very accurate, but it was known that you received this notice just about the time your car was being loaded onto a ship from the factory in Japan. So the forum posted links to sites where you could look up ship itineraries and we could use that to estimate which ship our LEAFs were on when they left the LEAF factory in Oppama, Japan. We could then follow the ship's progress as it reached the Panama Canal, Puerto Rico and the finally made its way up the east coast until it hit the port closest to home (in my case, Newport News, VA). Once the ship docked, you knew you had about a week to go as the car was prepped and loaded onto a trailer for delivery to your dealer.

I suppose we will probably get better tracking information with Tesla and we won't have to wait for a ship to navigate halfway around the world (at least for us in North America), but it was a lot of fun checking on the status of ships traversing the Pacific and Caribbean as a distraction during the seemingly endless wait.
Very informative post-thanks for sharing. But I need to correct 2 glaring errors. First,plural for LEAF is LEAVES and second, a LEAF factory is a tree,which in your case was in Oppama.