Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!

4K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Griff 
#1 ·
With three more months to save for the down payment, my potential loan interest rate just went down significantly and the monthly payments I will have to make will be almost $100 less per month!

I know, I'm disappointed too, but....if you can manage it, there is always a bright side. I know some are up against a wall with prior leases or immediate need but if you can, try to look for some light in the darkness. If nothing else it will lower your blood pressure! ;) LOL!

Stay patient my friends.

Dan

#4 ·
for me:
I also will probably be able to get a better price selling my Solstice in my May-July delivery window than my previous early spring window...
Three more months to stash down payment money...
Will be on vacation later this month, so will no longer have to worry about watching for my invite while gone...

see, not all terrible

downside though, my car's tags are due to renew in July - so if it pushes out again, I will be sad having to renew and go thru emissions again and three more months of fielding friends/family/coworker questions of "when are you getting your car?"

#6 ·
Three more months to stash down payment money...

...I will be sad having to renew and go thru emissions again and three more months of fielding friends/family/coworker questions of "when are you getting your car?"
Very similar situation here. I plan on starting to make payments now (to a MM account, maybe a short term CD) and see how it goes. I'll see how it impacts my cash flow and worst case, I'll save some money for the down payment down the road.

The friends and family thing is real. I mainly shrug and say, I'll get it when I get it, and where we live, everyone will know within a day or two.

#5 ·
The extra three months will give me plenty of time to change my mind on what color I want :). I may even get to the point where I have gone through ALL the colors and end up back at the beginning again LOL

#13 ·
I have at least a month longer to install the wall connector.
I'd get a wall connector installed ahead of time too, IF the warranty didn't start until they delivered my car.

If it comes with a 1 year warranty (I haven't checked), it could expire before I got my new car. Not too many Tesla's around Arab to even test it.....

#11 ·
Not to rain on anyone's parade but interest rates are going up. Federal Reserve predicted to raise rates 3-4 times this year. Although that rate is not directly the rate on car loans, many short term rates like credit cards are car loans are in some way linked.

BUT...
I'm happy to get a later car that will have fewer issues and a more mature UI.

#12 ·
Digging deep for my silver lining choices

1. The delay makes my planned SR, PUP, Blue, 18's paid for when I take delivery
2. If I take First Production, a 3yr note would barely break $400/month

I don't have to answer those "when do I get my new car" questions, because I didn't share the part about my putting a reservation deposit down with anyone except SWMBO. :p

#19 ·
Silver lining: if I have to resort to swapalease.com / leasetrader.com to bridge the gap, I'll get to have one last no-strings-attached fling before finally settling down*. :D

(* Note to wife: if you're reading this, let's be perfectly clear -- the fling is with the car, not the lease-holder. ;))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.