Government grant scheme

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Ozzy

So does this mean Elons promise £30K - £4.5K price in UK? Otherwise it is not fair to have 35K US Dollars = 35K GBP

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
@Ozzy, I'd like to agree with you on the £ (or €) equivalency yet unfortunately 1/1 is often how it works at best... Look at the price of iPhones, and if anything the price of a Model ≡ reservation ($1k - €1k and I believe £1k, no?)...
Anyways, let's keep our fingers crossed...

Stevie B

Country
Country
Unfortunately, in calculating the final £ cost I think we need to factor in import duty (10%?) , VAT (20%) and how badly (or otherwise) the £ moves in relation to the $. Also important (at least to me) will be the UK governments continuation of the UKs plug-in car grant scheme.

I am certainly keeping "fingers crossed" (but "worry" that my enthusiastic ambitions to own are thwarted by duty, tax, $/£ exchange and a government wanting to (further) reduce public spending). Such is life...

Country
Country
Unfortunately, in calculating the final £ cost I think we need to factor in import duty (10%?) , VAT (20%) and how badly (or otherwise) the £ moves in relation to the $. Also important (at least to me) will be the UK governments continuation of the UKs plug-in car grant scheme.

I am certainly keeping "fingers crossed" (but "worry" that my enthusiastic ambitions to own are thwarted by duty, tax, $/£ exchange and a government wanting to (further) reduce public spending). Such is life...
I agree mate, I REALLY hope the Government continues with the scheme, It's due for another review next month, So we'll see!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
This is just out via Evannex, dear UK friends, thought you'd like to know... before I go to sleep in anticipation of a thrilling morning! ;)

The PICG will ‘change’ in October 2018, hopefully for the better and to encourage quicker uptake of EV’s. I think either way some form of insensitive(s) will be in place until 2020.

For me the simplest thing to do is remove the 20% VAT on all pure battery electric vehicles with zero emissions.

Jayc

Country
Country
The UK luxury tax threshold also requires reconsideration for EVs. It is not rocket science to understand that a 40k ICE is very likely to be a premium car. But a 40k EV not necessarily - could very well be a long range EV.