Got update 2.52.20 but key fob linking is not working...

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

I got the 2.52.20 update on my 2013 P85+. Driver profile key fob linking is mentioned in the "What's new" section but I don't get the option on the Driver Profile settings page. A reset didn't help. And I do have the tech package. Any ideas?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
does that feature require the newer Bluetooth key fobs?

I also saw this listed:
"In order to link the key fob, Tesla owners can go to Controls > Settings > Driver Profiles"

Last edited:

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I didn't need to bring both fobs, but it did take me a bit to figure out which was #1 and which was #2 and you have to walk away to make sure they're out of range.

You can pick 1 person for each FOB and then any extras (I have 3 profiles in my car) they still pick from the menu like they did before. It pretty much works as expected.
key-fob-linking-jpg.908