got unrequested mobile visit booked.

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
yesterday I got notice of an "outstanding service bulletin" on the model 3. it is a Dec 2018 model. serial number 56000 range. i had to book an appointment for service on the interiour with the description bulletin.

I don't need to be there. in fact they said just park the cark in an accessible location and the 30 minute visit will be done without needing me at all.

so.... has anyone else gotten this service request? why is it interiour when the service does not need access to the interiour. They could have easily had me put "exteriour" for the problem area.

I don't want to have some blinking fart machine or reverse alert noise installed - my neighbour has the reversing noise on her 6 month old Tesla and it's the oddest thing.

sigh.

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Different strokes for different folks, but you ain't working on MY car without 'splainin' to me WHY you're working in MY car.

mrau

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Maybe they are changing the charger dead front pins They usually do that when bringing the car in for service, but maybe they are trying to catch up on cars they haven’t seen.

Let us know how it goes.

• Agree
Reactions: iChris93

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
yeah, i think before I use summon o back the car out on the driveway, they are going to need to explain what they are doing. I'll wait until the mobile ranger contacts me and then i'll have someone to ask. I doubt any response if I ask Tesla.

Reactions: mrau

android04

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
yesterday I got notice of an "outstanding service bulletin" on the model 3. it is a Dec 2018 model. serial number 56000 range. i had to book an appointment for service on the interiour with the description bulletin.

I don't need to be there. in fact they said just park the cark in an accessible location and the 30 minute visit will be done without needing me at all.

so.... has anyone else gotten this service request? why is it interiour when the service does not need access to the interiour. They could have easily had me put "exteriour" for the problem area.

I don't want to have some blinking fart machine or reverse alert noise installed - my neighbour has the reversing noise on her 6 month old Tesla and it's the oddest thing.

sigh.
If it's an interior service they might need access to the inside. But they probably don't need you to give them any keys or unlock the car for them. I'm sure they can do that remotely. Your specific car might have a TSB that they want to perform related to the SRS system or seat belt sensors.

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
invoice estimate came in for pre-approval and it itemized the work
1) check tire pressure and condition
2) inspect electric parking brake (EPB) case housing for damage

dunno what triggered this, but there you have it. no fart emission control device installation.

• Informative
Reactions: iChris93 and mrau

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
invoice estimate came in for pre-approval and it itemized the work
1) check tire pressure and condition
2) inspect electric parking brake (EPB) case housing for damage

dunno what triggered this, but there you have it. no fart emission control device installation.
I saw that parking brake service bulletin, but a bit surprised that they preemptively scheduled a service appointment. I wonder if it’s being handled differently in Canada vs the US.