Google services Login issues (YouTube app and Browser)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

@gravityrydr

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've been using Google services (Search, Gmail, and Messages for Web since the browser became available on the Model 3 with no real issues. I just changed my Google password after using the same one for far too long and when I tried to login with the new password I got an error message saying the browser is not allowed due to security. (Sorry for the crappy picture) After trying both the Browser and the Youtube app with the same result. After testing if maybe it was two-factor authentification, It was not. I tried logging into a non-Google website (such as https://teslaownersonline.com/ ) using the use Google credentials option. It does not need to be a successful login. After that, I went to the YouTube app and the login process worked normally.

google-error-jpeg.31192

sduck

Country
Country
Yes, according to what a tesla rep told someone on a different forum there is some issue with the security certificate in some cars, preventing direct login to the youtube app. It was supposed to be fixed with the latest upgrade almost everyone got, but apparently wasn't.

By the way it's good to remind people that once you're logged into your youtube/google account, anyone in the car has access to all your google stuff, like gmail, saved docs, etc. So it's good practice to sign out whenever you're not going to be in complete control of your car. Or if you're forgetful like me, just don't leave it signed in at all.

DrDrew3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anybody else unable to login to their YouTube account in Tesla theater? Google credentials give “Insecure Browser” error message.

Any known fix out there?

DrDrew3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was getting the same error message when I tried to login to my YouTube or Google account.

Here‘s how I fixed it step by step. Very easy to follow along in this video:

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
A work around is fine but it does not force Tesla to fix the issue. I have had several issues post HW3 - mostly my settings are gone (bluetooth, wifi, beachbuggy, profile default, autoclose windows etc). I've fixed most but my Google login to YT fails. I've put in a service call after calling into my local service centre & speaking with somebody there w/o success.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
My YT login is STILL NOT FIXED since HW3 upgrade FEB13/20. All my settings went bye-bye and I've entered them one by one, but I also can't get back into Slacker. It was always logged in before but now it won't take my Tesla credentials. WHAT GIVES TESLA!
These are first world issues I know, however there's some unresolved camera issues which are adding to my frustration.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Instead of login in the main page of Youtube, try to login in the "academy creator" (on the "9 squares" menu). When done, exit and you are logged in also in Youtube. (sorry for my english)...

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
By the way it's good to remind people that once you're logged into your youtube/google account, anyone in the car has access to all your google stuff, like gmail, saved docs, etc. So it's good practice to sign out whenever you're not going to be in complete control of your car. Or if you're forgetful like me, just don't leave it signed in at all.
It’s possible to generate a Google App password just for use with YouTube.