Glovebox won't unlock

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My glovebox won't unlock when I press the button on the screen. We have tried locking and unlocking the car numerous times.

George K

Country
Country
The glove box does not open on my new model 3 that I am picking up tomorrow! I received a call from Tesla to let me know that the glove box does not open and that they have ordered a new one. I could put off picking up car or pick it up and they will send out mobile service to fix it after part comes in. I will pick it up as is but am not happy that they can not make a reliable glove box.

Has anyone else had problems with glove box?

UTexas98

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There are several reports of it lately (past week or so) but I hadn't previously heard of it being an issue.

Congrats on your car!

The glove box does not open on my new model 3 that I am picking up tomorrow! I received a call from Tesla to let me know that the glove box does not open and that they have ordered a new one. I could put off picking up car or pick it up and they will send out mobile service to fix it after part comes in. I will pick it up as is but am not happy that they can not make a reliable glove box.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Personally I wouldn’t stop delivery of a car I waited 2 years for over a stuck glovebox.

As an aside, my glovebox was scratched so they replaced the whole thing. The replacement was done by a mobile tech at my office and took ~30 minutes.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the same issue. Tech came out to my house once. Said there is a bad servo for the release. Also said they are getting several calls about this issue. He is scheduled to come back next week to fix it. I’ll let you know how it goes.

geoffreak

Driving My Model 3
Country
Country
Taking mine in for service on Friday for the same issue, also from a beginning of June delivery.

EDIT: It works great now.

Last edited:

Walker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just took delivery on June 13 and had the same issue. Replacing it in a week. No noise or clicks when pressing the unlock button.

Trainman37

Country
Country
I had the same issue on mine when I took delivery of it May 30th. Tesla said they'd schedule a service to get it fixed/was aware of the problem. Said they had a batch of cars with the issue. Went on vacation, and the car was at the detailer till late June. Finally called Tesla late on a Thursday, they called me Friday morning and sent mobile service to fix it. Took maybe 10-15 minutes for them to fix. Not sure what they did as I was cleaning the garage while the mobile service rep worked. Glove box works fine now. Little dissapointing that it didn't open upon delivery, yes, but it wasn't going to stop me from taking delivery, and I knew tesla would fix it.