Glass roof - black mark on inside

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

yyzunderdog

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The other day I noticed above and slightly behind my head was a patch of dry black goo on the inside of the glass roof. I couldn't scrape it off with my fingernail.

I picked up some Goo Gone ... applied it to a rag and then rubbed it on that area. Took about 5 minutes until it started to soften up a little - and was able to come off with a fingernail rub.

So... just a PSA and solution. I figure it was some sort of sealant or glue that they use to mount the roof in and make it stick.

All good and shiny now!

Tiff

Country
Country
The gap between the glass roof and the passenger's side is about double that of the drivers side (9 mm vs 5 mm). Do you have this issue too?

yyzunderdog

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The gap between the glass roof and the passenger's side is about double that of the drivers side (9 mm vs 5 mm). Do you have this issue too?
No... haven't noticed this. Generally all fit and finish has been solid with my car.