garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Any how to vids to get into the dash area (behind removable vent dash)?
I assume you mean beyond removing the vent part (Post #4)?
You can remove some lower trim pieces in the footwells to get access behind the dash. Any video showing how to replace the cabin air filter will show you some of that process.

BuzzinAround

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ugh I gained a squeak! 2018 @8k miles and now my subframe is squeaking! Car is garage kept. Any suggestions?

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ugh I gained a squeak! 2018 @8k miles and now my subframe is squeaking! Car is garage kept. Any suggestions?
What makes you believe that it's the subframe?
Are you able to record the noise that you're hearing?

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My current Texas roadtrip has introduced a number of new rattles. It has also pushed me past the 50k bumper-to-bumper warrantly, so I'll have to solve these issues on my own.
  • Rattle near the driver-side rear-seat upper seatbelt. I'm hoping this is pebbles in the rear wheel well liner. I'll plan on pulling that liner off when I put the winter tires on later this year.
  • Front driver-side upper seatbelt mount. I thought I had fixed this once before. I'll take a look at this again.
  • Dashboard area, driver-side. I have no idea what this is. It's a rattle - not the squeaking that I previously fixed by adding felt to the underside of the removable dash piece. I'm not sure how I'm going to isolate the source of this one.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike and GDN

android04

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My current Texas roadtrip has introduced a number of new rattles. It has also pushed me past the 50k bumper-to-bumper warrantly, so I'll have to solve these issues on my own.
  • Rattle near the driver-side rear-seat upper seatbelt. I'm hoping this is pebbles in the rear wheel well liner. I'll plan on pulling that liner off when I put the winter tires on later this year.
  • Front driver-side upper seatbelt mount. I thought I had fixed this once before. I'll take a look at this again.
  • Dashboard area, driver-side. I have no idea what this is. It's a rattle - not the squeaking that I previously fixed by adding felt to the underside of the removable dash piece. I'm not sure how I'm going to isolate the source of this one.
I had a noise coming from the dash area in the driver side as well, and recently did the same as this video to fix it

Reinstallation of the speaker cover was a bit of a pain, and i also had one of my clips fall into the vent like in the video. Fished it out with a flexible magnetic retriever.

Also worth checking out these:

and

• Informative
Reactions: Mike, GDN and garsh

BuzzinAround

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What makes you believe that it's the subframe?
Are you able to record the noise that you're hearing?
Hi, I should’ve probably said rear subframe area. I’ve tried folding the down the seats and removing everything from the trunk and it’s still there. I sent a video to Tesla service showing how this creak/click happens when turning and going over speed bumps (happens over fwy bumps too). Gotta catch it while I’m in warranty.

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Matthew has an updated video for fixing B-pillar seat belt adjuster rattles.
I'm probably going to try this tonight.

Here's my old post with his original B-pillar fix:
For the B-pillar rattles, Matthew Budraitis has an excellent video about how to solve exactly this problem.
I followed his instructions, and it does indeed seem to solve it.

For felt tape, I used the following. It's nothing special - in fact, I found it a bit difficult to remove the tape from the backing when you cut it to really small sizes. But I figured I should share in case somebody finds it to be useful.

Amazon product

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Mike, mrau and GDN

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I followed these new instructions, and my B-pillar rattle is gone again! :)

Matthew has an updated video for fixing B-pillar seat belt adjuster rattles.
I'm probably going to try this tonight.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: GDN and Mike

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had a noise coming from the dash area in the driver side as well, and recently did the same as this video to fix it

I followed these instructions, but after removing the speaker grill, I found that my car already had a big line of foam in that area from the factory!
I also was unable to reproduce the rattling noise by pressing on the part of the dash that he does when demonstrating the noise.

My car was built in the second half of 2018, so maybe only early 2018 and 2017 cars are missing that foam?

android04

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I followed these instructions, but after removing the speaker grill, I found that my car already had a big line of foam in that area from the factory!
I also was unable to reproduce the rattling noise by pressing on the part of the dash that he does when demonstrating the noise.

My car was built in the second half of 2018, so maybe only early 2018 and 2017 cars are missing that foam?
Mine was built in March of 2018 and did not have a long strip of foam, so it's likely they added it later on.

• Helpful
Reactions: garsh

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I followed these new instructions, and my B-pillar rattle is gone again! :)
I tried this too. I thought I had it fixed, but just noticed i still have it, although less frequent and not as bad. Will have to take apart and give it another go.