Gen 2 UMC Stops Working

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hi all, I received my M3 last night and began charging before bed using the Gen 2 UMC plugged into a NEMA 14-50 outlet. It was charging and stated 7 hours remaining, however when I returned in the.morning charging had stopped and the UMC no longer lights up. There was a thunderstorm overnight so I'm wondering if that affected it somehow? But mainly wondering if anyone has troubleshoot a UMC that has no lights and no power to the car even though the outlet has power.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
are you sure the breaker wasn't tripped? sounds like there is no power to the UMC.
Confirmed prior to posting: NEMA plug didn't work, a bump tester confirmed power from the outlet stopping at the control box (where the Tesla logo should light up). 110V outlet also did not work on a completely separate circuit. Circuit breaker for both circuits were functional.

UPDATE: I went to a Service Center and was issued a replacement which has since worked without incident. Confirmation therefore on a faulty UMC unit. Still no clue on the cause, however.